boywonder

Is anyone familiar with PowerLeap products? Can you actually use them to
successfully upgrade the Pentium 3 processor?

--
Tommy
my personal webpages :

"boywonder" <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote in message
> Is anyone familiar with PowerLeap products? Can you actually use them to
> successfully upgrade the Pentium 3 processor?
>

> --

I have not used the PowerLeap stuff, but I know someone who has one
installed right now. We got our PIII-600E hardware at the same time, he
upgraded with PowerLeap and mine is busy running Windows Server 2003, IIS
6.0, SQL Server 2000, and a host of other server applications.

My friend reports considerable increase in some applications, but not a
noticeable change in things like games (Wolfenstein, Neverwinter Nights) or
boot times. Also, the installation was not for the faint-of-heart. He had
a helluva time getting his existing hardware to cope with the new processor,
and I was at a loss to help him other than recommending various memory and
bus clock timing combinations. A call to the folks at PowerLeap finally got
the correct settings, which I would have never guessed.

Good Luck,

Carl

Did you search Google for "powerleap review"?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you think you know,

"boywonder" <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote in message
> Is anyone familiar with PowerLeap products? Can you actually use them to
> successfully upgrade the Pentium 3 processor?
>

> --
> Tommy
> my personal webpages :
> www.hal-pc.org/~toner27

boywonder

In news:%23MxqtVyjFHA.2760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Richard Urban [MVP] <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> typed:
> Did you search Google for "powerleap review"?
>

> "boywonder" <tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom> wrote in
> message news:42e19937$0$2228$a726171b@news.hal-pc.org...
>> Is anyone familiar with PowerLeap products? Can you actually use
>> them to successfully upgrade the Pentium 3 processor?
>>

>> --
>> Tommy
>> my personal webpages :
>> www.hal-pc.org/~toner27

hoping to find someone that actually has tried the stuff, I'm a moron that
is skeptical of mass hype and advertising in general.

--
Tommy
my personal webpages :

Ed

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:45:01 -0700, "Vagabond Software"
<vagabondsw-X-@-X-gmail.com> wrote:

>A call to the folks at PowerLeap finally got
>the correct settings, which I would have never guessed.

I installed one on a Gateway 500 Essential back when Gateway actually
made computers and actually supported what they built. It took my
Essential from 500 MHz to 1.2g. BUT! the processor on the upgrade was
a Celeron which I didn't care for since I had been running a PIII.
However, it installed just fine and the computer recognized it right
off without me having to change any settings manually at all. I did
notice quite a bit of enhanced performance.

One note to beware of. Make sure that if getting one that you ask the
people at Powerleap if you need the optional hold down clamps for the
specific MB you are using. I didn't know to ask and found out the
clampdowns on my MB didn't match up to the clampdown points on the
upgrade so I had to have the optional clampdowns shipped from
Powerleap. Wasn't but a couple of bucks but delayed me for a few days.

Regards,
Ed