I need tiny office buildings

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.board (More info?)

Hello

I'm putting together a home-made kaiju-type monster fighting mini game
and need very small scale office buildings to act as obstacles to
movement and line of sight. Something along the size of the buildings
that come in the Hasbro version of Acquire.

The scale for the critters is quite tiny... no building should be more
than an inch on a side...

I suppose that I *could* make the things out of paper off of the home
printer but I was wondering if there is an extant game or toy that I
can cannibalize first.

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.board (More info?)

Take a look at the pieces for some old MB stuff....Advance to Boardwalk and
Can't stop pieces come to mind. Also, how about upwords...maybe scrabble
pieces glued together.

And, if you really wanted something awesome...use Big City pieces.
"kakupacal" <kakupacal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm putting together a home-made kaiju-type monster fighting mini game
> and need very small scale office buildings to act as obstacles to
> movement and line of sight. Something along the size of the buildings
> that come in the Hasbro version of Acquire.
>
> The scale for the critters is quite tiny... no building should be more
> than an inch on a side...
>
> I suppose that I *could* make the things out of paper off of the home
> printer but I was wondering if there is an extant game or toy that I
> can cannibalize first.

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.board (More info?)

"kakupacal" <kakupacal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm putting together a home-made kaiju-type monster fighting mini game
> and need very small scale office buildings to act as obstacles to
> movement and line of sight. Something along the size of the buildings
> that come in the Hasbro version of Acquire.
>
> The scale for the critters is quite tiny... no building should be more
> than an inch on a side...
>
> I suppose that I *could* make the things out of paper off of the home
> printer but I was wondering if there is an extant game or toy that I
> can cannibalize first.

Blocks of wood painted?

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.board (More info?)

In article <50vbk0dvibo0ivar81cahvbpdrjkd036a5@4ax.com>,
kakupacal <kakupacal@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hello
>
>I'm putting together a home-made kaiju-type monster fighting mini game
>and need very small scale office buildings to act as obstacles to
>movement and line of sight. Something along the size of the buildings
>that come in the Hasbro version of Acquire.
>
>The scale for the critters is quite tiny... no building should be more
>than an inch on a side...
>
>I suppose that I *could* make the things out of paper off of the home
>printer but I was wondering if there is an extant game or toy that I
>can cannibalize first.

How bug are the monsters?
Would the buildings used in Epic 40K that line of games be too big?

-haywire

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

Microfigs (www.microfigs.com) has 1/285 urban buildings that might be
of use. They may be too big, but you could check them out. Cheers,

Pat Lawless

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:01:24 -0400, kakupacal <kakupacal@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello
>
>I'm putting together a home-made kaiju-type monster fighting mini game
>and need very small scale office buildings to act as obstacles to
>movement and line of sight. Something along the size of the buildings
>that come in the Hasbro version of Acquire.
>
>The scale for the critters is quite tiny... no building should be more
>than an inch on a side...
>
>I suppose that I *could* make the things out of paper off of the home
>printer but I was wondering if there is an extant game or toy that I
>can cannibalize first.

Resin Trains - Makers of fine quality resin railroad kits.
http://www.resintrains.com Voice mail & fax: (530) 431-2931
e-mail: pat@(nospam)resintrains.com **Remove the (nospam) to mail**.

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc,rec.games.board (More info?)

Thanks to all who responded!

I may just try and print out some stuff on cardstock and then glue to
a heavy base.

thanks!