Is this a good deal?

zzrich

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I used to work in the tech section at Costco. We would always say Hp makes a great printer, but would recommend staying away from Hp computers. The gateways we sold were much better quality and value wise. That being said, I always build my own from scratch, just my preference. I don't know if you have a costco near or have access to costco.com, I have seen some of there zt systems that seem pretty nice.

brabbit

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
For what your going to be using it for, this should be a fine system. Im not a huge HP fan myself, but really you can't go wrong if your not going to be doing serious computing on the machine. It will playback videos and music just fine, even most games will play in it. The inclusion of the monitor is a great addition as well. Also comes with 6GB of DDR3 which is pretty darn well for the 64 Bit of Windows 7.

I say buy it. Make sure you use anti virus and such. I would say use the newest Avast Free Edition, Malware Bytes for your Malware, and Advanced System Care Free for tuning up the PC. It will keep things going smoothly for you and without problems hopefully. You can set them up to automate as well to do while your not there. I also use CCleaner as a extra tune up tool. Better safe than sorry I say. You can download all of these at http://www.cnet.com

Good luck man! :sol:

It's not a terrible deal. It's hard to judge, since it doesn't list the video card model.

It's a middle of the road Quad core. It's got the 64 bit windows 7, which is nice. It's got a decent monitor. It's got a decent chipset on the motherboard.

^+1, the page don't list the specifications, so, we can not say something sure.

If you have monitor, keyboard and mice, you can get a rig like this:

CPU $ 98,99 Here
MOBO $ 178,99 Here
RAM $ 108,99 Here
GPU $ 179,99 Here
HDD $ 54,99 Here
PSU $ 89,99 Here
CASE $ 99,99 Here

Total: $811.93

The prices are newegg USA, but I think that you can get the same components from newegg Canada or directcanada.

brabbit

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
The site lists the specs...there right here anyways...

Base Features
Processor Type: AMD Athlon II 620 Quad-Core Processor
Processor Speed: 2.6GHz
RAM: 6GB DDR3
Hard Drive Speed/Capacity: 500GB
Optical Drives: SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
Graphics: ATI Radeon Graphics
Pre-loaded Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Dedicated Video Memory: No
TV Tuner: No
Video Memory: 256MB
HDCP Compliant: Not Applicable
Native Screen Resolution: Not Applicable
Screen Size/Type: Not Applicable
Audio Output: High Definition Audio
Digital Input: No
Digital Output: Yes
Integrated Microphone: No
Line Out: Yes
Line-In input: Yes
Microphone Input: Yes
Sound Card: AMD 785G Chipset
Speaker Wattage: Not Applicable
Speakers: No
Ethernet Port: 10/100/1000Base-T
Integrated Bluetooth: No
Integrated WiFi: No
Card Reader: Yes - 15-In-1 Memory Card Reader
Component Output: No
Composite Output: No
DVI Output: Yes
E-SATA: No
FireWire (IEEE 1394)1 - Back
HDMI: No
Keyboard: HP USB Keyboard
Modem: No
Mouse HP Optical Mouse
Remote: No
S-Video Output: No
USB 2.02 - Front; 6 - Back
VGA Output: Yes
Webcam: No
Available AGP Slots: Not Applicable
Available Hard Drive Bays: 1 External 3.5" (One Available); 2 Internal 3.5" (
Available PCI Slots: No
Power Supply: Information Not Available
Processor Cache : 2MB L2 Cache
Removable Storage: No
System Bus: 4000MHz System Bus
Loaded Software 1HP MediaSmart Software Suite
Loaded Software 2Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe
Loaded Software 3Microsoft Works 9.0
Loaded Software 4HP Total Care Advisor
Operating System Language: Bilingual
Tower Depth: 42.80 cm
Tower Height: 38.91 cm
Tower Width: 17.70 cm
Warranty Labour: 1 Year
Warranty Parts: 1 Year Parts & Labour
Tower Weight: 4.42 kg

brabbit

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I say buy if you want a reliable PC that isn't going to be top end. If your not going to be doing hard computing or gaming than this rig will work just fine for you. You don't have to go and buy everything separate and put it together, although you will probably get a better computer doing so. But it all comes down to what you want it for and what your going to be doing. If your going to be doing basic internet and video/music use, this machine will work A-OKAY for you and I stand by that. Unless your a IT tech or something, you most likely won't notice a difference anyways, so don't worry about the logistics.

zzrich

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Will it play Crysis on high settings ? :) Sorry, couldn't resist. Well if it does everything you want, uses quality components and has a good warranty, then why not ? THe main thing to me is whats inside the box, and if its upgradeable down the line. Oh, I just noticed it only comes with a one year warranty. That's really short. At Costco for instance you get the one year manufacturers warranty plus two years on top of that provided by Costco plus free tech support as well. It also says it has a "large" 500 gb HD (not large by todays standards) and INTEGRATED ATI Graphics. So If you will be gaming expect to add a good video card as well.

HP Pavilion Desktop Computer featuring AMD Athlon II 620 (P6302F)
Model: P6302F | SKU: 10138059
Work, play and create with the HP P6302F desktop. It's loaded with fast AMD Athlon II quad-core processing as well as 6GB DDR3 RAM so everything you do will run quickly and smoothly. Surf the web, play games, edit photos, and store your digital files to the large 500GB hard drive for quick and easy access.

Whether you're surfing the web, editing photos, mixing soundtracks or creating your own home videos, AMD's Athlon II quad-core processor and the 6GB DDR3 system memory deliver outstanding power for all your multitasking needs.

Other great features include:

A large 500GB hard drive for up to 104,000 songs or up to 83,000 photos

Super Multi DVD burner that lets you create custom disc labels with LightScribe technology

Ethernet port makes it easy to get connected to your existing wired network

6 USB 2.0 ports, 1 FireWire and 15-in-1 memory card reader make it easy to quickly transfer files from peripheral devices

Power button and card reader positioned on top

ATI Radeon integrated graphics

Marquee signature and design with lighting and chrome

Pre-installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit