MN-500 - Can't access base station

Josh

Does anybody know how I can access the basestation?
I have been trying 192.168.2.1 in my browser. I have
tried every type of networking troubleshooting I know but
I can't access the base station.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Are you using DHCP?
If so, what ip is the computer getting.

If it isn't in the 192.168.2.x/255.255.255.0 network, it won't be able to
access it.

Usually, if this happens, you aren't able to get an ip, and you get a
169.x.x.x ip which is a APIPA network (i.e. it couldn't contact your DHCP
server). In such a case, check your network cabling, or if you are using a
wireless nic, make sure that encryption keys are correct and that mac
filtering isn't enabled.

Another thing to check
In IE, goto Tools, Options
Then the Connections tab
then Lan settings
Make sure everything is unchecked in that dialog box.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"JOSH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know how I can access the basestation?
> I have been trying 192.168.2.1 in my browser. I have
> tried every type of networking troubleshooting I know but
> I can't access the base station.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

If it's in bridge mode, you need to reset it using the hole
in the back -- all the settings will be lost, so make sure
that it's not a problem in the connection between the
computer and the router.