JG

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

I just did a fresh load of XP Pro but have a few minor but very annoying
problems.

1. In a folder window (ie My Computer or Explorer) the title bar only shows
the first letter of the path. If the path is C:\temp the "C" is displayed if
D:\archive then "D" is displayed. I have tried going to "Tools--->folder
option ---->view and select "show full path in title bar" and checking and
unchecking. I have tried different fonts and different size fonts.But still
the title bar is unchanged.

2. If I set up a shortcut key in a short cut, most will not launch but a
couple will.

Do you have the Address bar showing also?

Right click Toolbar | Select Address bar

Open Folder Options...
Start | Run | Type: control folders | Click OK |
View tab | Select: Display the full path in the address bar |
Click Apply | Click OK

[[Specifies that the complete path of the open file or folder is displayed
in the address bar of the window.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Ea2dnT6zK4w3MXzfRVn-tw@taconic.net,
JG <JG@JG.com> hunted and pecked:
> I just did a fresh load of XP Pro but have a few minor but very annoying
> problems.
>
> 1. In a folder window (ie My Computer or Explorer) the title bar only
> shows the first letter of the path. If the path is C:\temp the "C" is
> displayed if D:\archive then "D" is displayed. I have tried going to
> "Tools--->folder option ---->view and select "show full path in title
> bar" and checking and unchecking. I have tried different fonts and
> different size fonts.But still the title bar is unchanged.
>
> 2. If I set up a shortcut key in a short cut, most will not launch but a
> couple will.

JG

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Hello
Hope I ddn't miss read your reply but I'm not having any trouble with my
address bar it is the "Title Bar" that isn't showing any file path , just
the first initial of the path.