Status
Not open for further replies.

bstaley1

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hey- I need a new laptop but want to get the right one. With the following specs can anyone suggests a few options? I'm a grad student with limited funds, but would like the following abilities: fast enough to play my itunes, youtube, and other multimedias, fast interneting, i need a lot of memory for school work and picture media, and a webcam for skype. Thanks for any help available!

bstaley1

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
1_What is your budget? ::: under a $1000, would prefer the 700-800 range.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? ::: small enough to carry to class/library, but with a big enough screen to watch videos

3_What screen resolution do you want? ::: not really sure, mid-to high range

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? ::: portable

5_How much battery life do you need? ::: at least 2.5hours, preferably over 3hrs

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
::: I dont play games a lot on the computer, but i'd like one with enough power to run a game efficiently

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) ::: I need it for photo storage and editing, movie watching, music playing, and skyping.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? ::: a lot, i think at least 500GB..

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. ::: had looked into bestbuy.com, samsclub.com, and through the military per my brothers

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?::: i need it for at least another 2 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?::: dvd rom, bluray would be a plus

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. ::: ive only owned 2 dells but have experience with HPs and macbooks. I'd rule out a macbook simply because of the pricerange they live in. I've had a lot of problems with my Dells and because of that have been leaning towards the HPs.

13_What country do you live in?
::: USA
14_Please tell us any traditional information if needed.

Thanks for the reply and hopefully this will help you guys help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.