Strange User Account created...

Hello. I've just installed Service Pack 2 and a load of security updates.

I've looked in Control Panel > User Accounts, and it has created "ASP.NET
Machine A..." ? What is it, and most of all can I delete it?

Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about strange user account created

    What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    The Welcome to Windows screen appears when you start Windows XP
    after you install the .NET Framework 1.1
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Samuel" wrote:

    | Hello. I've just installed Service Pack 2 and a load of security updates.
    |
    | I've looked in Control Panel > User Accounts, and it has created "ASP.NET
    | Machine A..." ? What is it, and most of all can I delete it?
    |
    | Thank you.

    It is created when the Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 is installed on your
    system.
    You can surely delete if you don't have any ASP.Net development work.

    see:-
    http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Samuel wrote:

    > Hello. I've just installed Service Pack 2 and a load of security updates.
    >
    > I've looked in Control Panel > User Accounts, and it has created "ASP.NET
    > Machine A..." ? What is it, and most of all can I delete it?
    >
    > Thank you.

Control Panel Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP