Strange User Account created...

July 23, 2005 12:35:02 AM

Hello. I've just installed Service Pack 2 and a load of security updates.

I've looked in Control Panel > User Accounts, and it has created "ASP.NET
Machine A..." ? What is it, and most of all can I delete it?

Thank you.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:04:41 AM

What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

The Welcome to Windows screen appears when you start Windows XP
after you install the .NET Framework 1.1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Samuel" wrote:

| Hello. I've just installed Service Pack 2 and a load of security updates.
|
| I've looked in Control Panel > User Accounts, and it has created "ASP.NET
| Machine A..." ? What is it, and most of all can I delete it?
|
| Thank you.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 10:51:01 PM

It is created when the Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 is installed on your
system.
You can surely delete if you don't have any ASP.Net development work.

see:-
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

regards,
ssg MS-MVP