Cloning hard drive problem

Yikes! My C drive washowing SMART status :bad, so I used Norton Ghost 9.0 to
clone the c drive to a slave drive. The cloning showed successful. I
reconfigured that drive as the only drive and it boots to the finalk XP
screen, but where it normally has my two users to log on, it has the XP
background but no user choices and so it won't boot all the way. Now, the
old C drive has stoped working all together so I really nned this clone drive
to work. I have an XP Pro disk that does not include SP 2. I loaded XP on
yet another drive so I could get to the interent. When I set up the cloned
drive as a slave, I can see all the files and can open them all except "my
documents which says "access denied". Also, ant suggestions about what may
be blocking that access. What I really need is to get that cloned drive to
operate as the main drive. My old C drive was updated to sp2. All drives are
Western degital. Bios setting see the drives. Thanks

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:03:02 -0700, Bill Rush
<BillRush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yikes! My C drive washowing SMART status :bad, so I used Norton Ghost 9.0 to
>clone the c drive to a slave drive. The cloning showed successful. I
>reconfigured that drive as the only drive and it boots to the finalk XP
>screen, but where it normally has my two users to log on, it has the XP
>background but no user choices and so it won't boot all the way. Now, the
>old C drive has stoped working all together so I really nned this clone drive
>to work. I have an XP Pro disk that does not include SP 2. I loaded XP on
>yet another drive so I could get to the interent. When I set up the cloned
>drive as a slave, I can see all the files and can open them all except "my
>documents which says "access denied". Also, ant suggestions about what may
>be blocking that access. What I really need is to get that cloned drive to
>operate as the main drive. My old C drive was updated to sp2. All drives are
>Western degital. Bios setting see the drives. Thanks
Did you set it to auto logon? If so, boot your cloned drive C (
configured as master ) into safe mode. You will see a user
Administrator in the welcome screen. Logon (hope you remember your
administrator password) as the administrator and recreate anew user
account.
Pls report back progress.