Closed

SD Micro Memory Card Error

Last response: in Digital Camera
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 24, 2010 6:30:12 PM

Hello,

Please.... please.... can anyone help?

I have used sd micro memory card to take some important pictures and now it's telling me that 'memory card error' I tried to read the pictures on my laptop via external memory card reader but is asking me if I want to format the card and if I want I will have to loose all data in it?

When I was taking pictures I checked several times that the pictures are there only when I wanted to transfer the pictures on my laptop that I got the error message, I tried to see the pictures again in my camera and there is only that error message 'memory card error' came up.

Do you know if there is any way for me to save/restore those important family pictures? any help will be so grately appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Jacqueline
August 26, 2010 2:33:59 PM

If you format it YES you will loose all the data that you have stored on the card.

Sometime switching from USB and card reader will cause the card to corrupted. Have you try using USB to transfer your files instead?
August 31, 2010 10:07:55 AM

Hi Jacqueline , it seems your card is corrupted. So the only way to recover your lost pictures is to use Picture Recovery software which can recover your lost pictures from your cards instantly, but this is not free. you will have to buy from $39. Although, you can download the free version and can show the preview of your lost photos from your card after installation.
Related resources
April 28, 2011 5:36:49 AM

Hello Jacqueline

Once I have also faced this type of situation. I also find difficulties in accessing saved pictures. Generally this type of problem arises when memory card gets corrupted. There are several reasons which affect your memory card severally.

When I had faced this type of problem then immediately used the MAC Memory Card Recovery software. After using it I had recovered all my precious photos from my SD card. There are several recovery software available in the market. You can try any popular recovery software to fix this problem.

But I give you one suggestion; you immediately stop capturing pictures from your camera until you solve this problem.

June 18, 2011 6:51:37 AM

As you have explained, it seems that your memory card is corrupt. Do not frustrate. Download a SD Card Recovery Software and scan your card. I am sure you will get all the lost photos back.

Good Luck!
July 26, 2011 3:14:04 PM

There are many reasons that may lead to memory card error. But the first thing you should do is try memory card photo recovery software to see if you can recover the media files (such as photos, videos and music). Then format the card and the error should gone. After that re-use the program again to see if you can have more harvest.
November 26, 2011 5:54:23 AM

Hi friend!
To fix any memory card error in your digital camera you will have to format the card. However sometime the incorrect formatting also results for the error. To get your photos back from the formatted or damaged memory card you can use a professional photo restoration Mac tool.
December 7, 2011 1:06:51 PM

The most possible reasons that cause this kind of problem are improper operation. Follow the steps: use SD card recovery tool to try recovering data -> format SD card -> re-use the program to recover more data. It should help you out.
December 11, 2011 8:21:45 AM

This topic has been closed by Proximon
!