Saitek Eclipse III

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
they got it listed on amazon, one topic before this is my list of keyboards that i want... this is one of my choices because its length is rather short so it can fit on my desktop easy

edit*

screw it, im ordering it from amazon, ill let you guys know how it is.
...$86 after tax...*cringes*...

*...goes into corner and cries*

reviews for this thing are non-existent, as well as pictures...so i'm just grabbing my nuts and buying this thing. doesn't have macro keys, not like i have space for that anyway

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
g15 wouldn't fit on my desk...3" too big

i tried to get a refund cause i took a look at my bank account =[

AND THEY ALREADY PREPARED SHIPPING WTFFFFFFFF 2 mins after i pressed buy, they don't even give me time =[ o well, better be the best damn keyboard i've ever seen/used

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
so i got my keyboard.. i serisously can't recommend this to anyone honestly... its not that great for $86

on top of that they said it was 18" which its clearly not, and my old dell could do just about everything this one can except the fancy lights and sleep mode [who really uses that anyway]..buttons are quieter but really... i don't think its worht the premium

anywho, im going to b|tch at amazon for giving wrong specs so i can get 100% refund INCLUDING the tax i had to pay.... this is just retarded

btw, the pictures online are really misleading, the top panel is ALWAYS blue, num pad can't be changed to a separate color as the qwerty keys

red is always the darkest color, and blue is suprisingly the lightest... im gonan try a logitech keyboard next time, this has def brought down my wpm by like 20

touch panel can be iffy, and the volume thing on top is ALWAYS lit up full, which really REALLY beats the point. i am dissappointed SAITEK

sorry for the disorganization. just wrote as it came to mind. ill be taking pictures before sending it back. any questions, nows the time to ask

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
amazon is actually giving me a full refund, and paying for the shipping back. im still using it lol, but its hurting my wrists. i have never had buyer's remorse quite like i do right now, AND I SPENT $170 ON 2GB OF RAM. just imagine lol

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
lol that was a year ago... worst time to build a computer... i spent $2500 on garbage... BUT THIS KEYBOARD IS MUCH MUCH WORSE

btw, 4gb of ram is only $50 now lol

nabokovfan87

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Hey all,

i used to have a logitech keyboard back in the day before i found out about saitek...

i bought the gamers keyboard followed by the eclipse and the eclipse 2, and i have to urge you to treat yourself to this keyboard.

ive spilled a bowl of cereal on this bad boy and not a lick of issues because of how the keys are seperated to prefent dust and such from getting into the board itself.

ive thrown one against the wall as hard as i could, and i still use it to this day on my ps3...

it might look bizarre, but i am telling you 100% honestly that saitek is the best keyboard i have ever used and i will never use another.

main reason is because of the spacing of the keys, the way the keys themselves work, and such. it is hard to explain it in text form but get out to a store and try one, you will not regret it.

G

i've got a saitek eclipse III now,
i think it's nice :)
£43 from amazon in britain now
saitek have released a driver to fix the volume proplem thingy but the download isnt working atm for me.
i agree that the touch panel should be able to change colour with the quick buttons at the sides.
i'm also disappointed that there's no USB extension, there is a little plastic flap thing over where one COULD easily be and i liked it on my Saitek GK200 Keyboard before i spilt water all over it :|
somehow, this keyboard has increased my KPD on COD4 so it seems to be working!

Edna

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009

eklipz330 Is obviously smoking some bad weed.

I went from a Logitech G15 (the silver wears off with use) to a Razer (nice but too dim) to the Saitek Eclipse III.

Got it from Newegg, never been happier.

eklipz330:
"lol that was a year ago... worst time to build a computer... i spent $2500 on garbage... BUT THIS KEYBOARD IS MUCH MUCH WORSE
btw, 4gb of ram is only $50 now lol"

Dude... DDR 400 went out with button shoes and capes.