Computer does nothing when power button is pressed

G

i have an inspiron 530s desktop. nothing happens when i press the power button. there are only two lights that come on. the light on the power supply comes on so i know the power supply is getting power. the only other light is the hard drive led which is on constantly when the computer is plugged in which i find odd. nothing else happens, no fans start up, no beeps, the hard drive doesnt spin, it doesnt even seem to respond t me pressing the power button at all. i tried replacing the power supply and hard drive, and i even tried moving all the parts to a different case. so my question is what could be causing this?

DAHASEX

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
i have an inspiron 530s desktop. nothing happens when i press the power button. there are only two lights that come on. the light on the power supply comes on so i know the power supply is getting power. the only other light is the hard drive led which is on constantly when the computer is plugged in which i find odd. nothing else happens, no fans start up, no beeps, the hard drive doesnt spin, it doesnt even seem to respond t me pressing the power button at all. i tried replacing the power supply and hard drive, and i even tried moving all the parts to a different case. so my question is what could be causing this?
I HAVE A DEMINSION E310 HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, CALLED DELL AND GOT A NEW MOBO , INSTALLED IT AND IT FIRED RIGHT UP .