Windows 7 activation period

neteng1958

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2002
Anyone know if they changed the activation period on windows 7 from 30 to 3 days? I have tried the SP1 iso's from digital river and softpedia but both the activation periods are 3 days. Just wondering if those were oem's or the period has changed.

Anyone know where I can get an iso with a 30 day activation on windows 7 home premium?

neteng1958

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2002
Thanks for Info.

Tried that and rebooted but stil have 3 days to activate. My guess is that this is OEM or the activation period has been lowered via MS updates. Anyone know where to get an MS7 Home premium iso that will still allow 30 days for activation?

neteng1958

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2002
Wow this site is not as helpful as it used to be. Too many judges basing responses on too little information. All I wanted to do was run some tests on an iso in a lab for WHICH I DON"T CONTROL THE BUDGET!!!. THERE IS NOTHING UNETHICAL OR ILLEGAL ABOUT THAT. THE TEST WILL TAKE MORE THAN DAYS AND LESS THAN 30 DAYS and I wont need the image after that.

If anyone knows where I can download a Windows 7 Home Premium ISO with a 30 day activation period thank you. THAT WAS ALL I ASKED FOR.

Hi :)

I would seriously lose the attitude before you get banned...

And YES it is UNETHICAL at the least to be doing work on a version of windows YOU HAVE NOT PAID FOR...

You could always ask MS that question..... but I do not think you will like the answer...

If your Lab commonly runs unpaid for software, I would ask them why.... I have no doubt they CHARGE for THEIR work so why cannot MS ?

All the best Brett :)

neteng1958

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2002

Thanks - That looks like it might work for what we need to do. It has a 10 day activation period but we can live with that.

Appreciate your help.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
While the site is still very useful, we have no means to validate your story. There are simply piles of requests dealing with how to bypass Windows security measures. Those discussions are not allowed on Tom's Forums. Please take that into consideration.

Your best bet would be to activate the system (s) in question with a retail license. That way you can move the license at will later if necessary. Using an OEM license will tie your license to a particular motherboard. Up to you to determine if this is a problem or not.

What is the nature of the testing you are doing in the lab and how many systems are involved?

@Neteng1958, "free" ISOs do not give you any RIGHT to install Windows 7 at all, so what you're dping IS both UNETHICAL and ILLEGAL! If you need it for lab testing - explain that to the person running the lab.

For testing - MSDN Operating systems subscription will give you right TEST whatever you're testing.