Noise in Mp3s

I like to play mp3s when I'm working, but when I scroll sometimes a bump or skip can be noticed in the music, that also happens when a web page loads (sometimes).
What could be the problem this are my system specs:

Raidmax gaming case 420W PSU
ASUS "K8V SE Deluxe" Socket 754 Mobo
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Kingmax 184 Pin 2X512MB DDR PC-3200
NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive
eVGA nVIDIA GeForce FX5600 Video Card, 256MB DDR
System HDD WD 80GB 7200 RPM SATA
Storage HDDs 160GB + 200 GB IDE
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
Win XP Pro SP2
7 answers Last reply
More about noise mp3s
  1. What player are you using to play MP3s? And I presume that the bumps and skips don't occur at the same point in songs, right?

Mad Cat
  2. I use Musicmatch Jukebox and the bumps and skips occur when I'm scrolling or when a page loads but it doesn't happen all the time. I can scroll or surf the web without having any disturbances in the sound.
  3. In all honesty, it sounds like a software issue to me. Have you tried playing the MP3s with other applications like WinAmp or Windows Media Player? If they don't skip on them, and I doubt it will with the latter, then it's most definitely a software issue.

Mad Cat
  4. Thanks I'll try it with different players
  5. But it doesn't happen when you're not browsing.....

I'd say clean up your browser. If it's IE, delete temp files, try limiting the background processes, and get a full spyware cleaning done. That might help too, as lots of that junk can cause little system hickups.

umheint0's phat setup --> <A HREF="http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umheint0/system.html" target="_new">http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umheint0/system.html</A><--
  6. well, MP3 skippage occurs when there's a lot of CPU load and/or memory usage. surfing the web can use up quite a few processes, especially if it isn't all that fast. as said by madcat, try other programs like Winamp, and try other browsers if that doesnt work.
  7. well, MP3 skippage occurs when there's a lot of CPU load and/or memory usage. surfing the web can use up quite a few processes, especially if it isn't all that fast. as said by madcat, try other programs like Winamp, and try other browsers if that doesnt work.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Components