Sign in with
Your question

Packard Bell MIT-DRAG-D

Last response: in Computer Brands
February 18, 2010 7:47:01 PM

Hey,

My laptop has not been taking any power from the AC adaptor, and therefore will not turn on. It has a smell of electrical burning when the AC adapter is connected. I sent it to a repair shop who told me they have resoldered the DC jack but this has not fixed the problem. They reckon that the problem is a fault in a power connector card that connects from the DC jack (presumably to the mainboard via a cable?).

My question is, does anyone have any information about these connector components? The repair technician says he can't find a replacement component and has recommended buying a second hand laptop of the same model to take the component from (sounds too expensive for me). He also mentioned that the card is around 2 inches square, and had 3 USB sockets(?) on it.

Any information on this component, or where I can find a replacement would be much appreciated.

Regards,

More about : packard bell mit drag

March 23, 2010 4:22:41 PM

Hi, Have you have any luck with this part? I too am after the same board, but cannot source anywhere...

Thanks.
March 23, 2010 4:33:37 PM

Thanks for replying so quick. That's the part! Did you really pay £99.00 + vat for it? I think your option for a cheap second-hand laptop is looking good!!

Cheers.
!