Command to run a batch files I want to run on a remote com..

boe

If I'm on computer Jack but I want to inititate a batch file I want to run
on computer Jill, how do I get the batch file? I'm not talking about a
remote desktop or anything, I want to use a command line to make a batch
file run on a remote computer.

Thanks

Try VNC - there's a ton of freeware variants out there that will do this.
Beware of the networking limitations of XPHome - some of the commands won't
run across a network.

"boe" wrote:

> If I'm on computer Jack but I want to inititate a batch file I want to run
> on computer Jill, how do I get the batch file? I'm not talking about a
> remote desktop or anything, I want to use a command line to make a batch
> file run on a remote computer.
>
> Thanks

boe

Thanks everyone!

boe wrote:

> If I'm on computer Jack but I want to inititate a batch file I
> want to run on computer Jill, how do I get the batch file? I'm
> not talking about a remote desktop or anything, I want to use a
> command line to make a batch file run on a remote computer.
Hi,

Two tools listed below that can run exe and batch files on remote
computers.

Take a look at PsExec.exe in the free PsTools suite, found at
http://www.sysinternals.com

Another freeware program with similar merits to PsExec is Beyondexec.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/remoteprocess/BeyondExec.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: