multiple installs of windows xp

natalie

My first question is how do you tell how many installs you have of windows xp
and second how do you delete the one you are not using?

You can usually tell by the Boot Menu that shows up when Windows is booting.
Or by viewing your boot.ini file. Or by counting the number of Windows* or
Winnt* directories that you have.

Removing them isn't just as easy as deleting them.
Here's an article that talks about data preservation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314870
This article tells how to remove it:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312569