Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Alert! Lost password must retrieve!!!

Last response: in Windows 7
September 27, 2012 5:16:35 PM

Retrieval alert!

Retrieval alert!

i saved or written down password but not can remember where! Alert!
now i forget it?? how to use search for name of file i saved it on??? Alert! Alert!!!
How to i search for my password? Battle Stations!

Oh this is so horrible..........

I can't take it anymore of this

Best solution

a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
September 27, 2012 5:20:33 PM

Ask the owner of the computer for the password. Asking for assistance with bypassing password security is prohibited on these forums. No one here will help with bypassing/cracking/hacking passwords.
September 28, 2012 4:50:32 AM

ex_bubblehead said:
Ask the owner of the computer for the password. Asking for assistance with bypassing password security is prohibited on these forums. No one here will help with bypassing/cracking/hacking passwords.

Archie, you need to pull yourself together, but I will help you.

Obviously you are the computer's owner, and forgot your password. I don't see any reference to security breach requests or anything at all like that.

Once again it seems you are being picked on for your poor English skills. Fortunately some of us are not so hysterically obsessed with security and have taken the time to carefully read your question.

Clearly, you saved your password in a file somewhere on your computer, but can't remember where, and you're having trouble with the search function. Unless you named your file something like "password" this could be difficult. Fortunately, many of us write it down on a piece of paper and put it somewhere safe. Did you do this, and then forgot about it?

Look for that paper.

p.s. If you are in urgent need to install Microsoft Office, try to do it without logging on as the administrator. Go ahead and try.
Score
Related resources
September 28, 2012 4:58:07 AM

You have no way to verify that he is the owner of the PC in question. The rules are explicit. You are not to help anyone crack a password in anyway. If he has it written down somewhere he would not be coming to us. Obey the rules, we are here to help, but we have no way to ensure he IS the owner. His poor English has nothing to do with it.
Score
September 28, 2012 8:34:16 AM

eggbrook said:
You have no way to verify that he is the owner of the PC in question. The rules are explicit. You are not to help anyone crack a password in anyway. If he has it written down somewhere he would not be coming to us. Obey the rules, we are here to help, but we have no way to ensure he IS the owner. His poor English has nothing to do with it.

The poor kid can't find his password.
Cracking a password and looking for where he wrote it down are 2 very different things.

But rules are rules.

Archie: Do not under any circumstances look for your password, and never ever try to remember it.

Score
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 9:01:35 AM

Thats a whole lot of forgetting. Cant save people from their own stupidity.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 9:14:41 AM

Meditate and use the force "archiecomic," it will come to you. :D 
Score
September 28, 2012 9:15:31 AM

durhamf said:
Archie, you need to pull yourself together, but I will help you.

Obviously you are the computer's owner, and forgot your password. I don't see any reference to security breach requests or anything at all like that.

Once again it seems you are being picked on for your poor English skills. Fortunately some of us are not so hysterically obsessed with security and have taken the time to carefully read your question.

Clearly, you saved your password in a file somewhere on your computer, but can't remember where, and you're having trouble with the search function. Unless you named your file something like "password" this could be difficult. Fortunately, many of us write it down on a piece of paper and put it somewhere safe. Did you do this, and then forgot about it?

Look for that paper.

p.s. If you are in urgent need to install Microsoft Office, try to do it without logging on as the administrator. Go ahead and try.

He doesn't even use the word 'computer'
for all we know he wants the password to his treehouse club
and what rule says you shouldn't write down your passwords? it;s not a good idea but it is not illegal
Score
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 9:25:29 AM

durhamf said:
The poor kid can't find his password.
Cracking a password and looking for where he wrote it down are 2 very different things.

But rules are rules.

Archie: Do not under any circumstances look for your password, and never ever try to remember it.

Its NOT different. He is asking how to find/crack it. We can't help him look where he wrote it down besides saying "look at papers where you wrote it down" which is obviously moronic... We can't help him search the PC because he doesn't have the password to log in .

you don't just forget a password you use everyday. (and where the hell did anyone mention Microsoft office that you had to tell him to illegally install it..... He CAN'T logo. Because he "forgot" his password)
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 9:38:21 AM

@durhamf

I don't think u get the point here, the rules made with good intention, we cannot verify his ownership....

many people use password to protect their belonging.. helping to crack or bypass is defeat the purpose of setting password...
Score
a b 8 Security
a c 395 $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 12:20:12 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
a b 8 Security
a c 395 $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 12:20:32 PM

Best answer selected by Area51reopened.
Score
!