Copying pictures to CD

July 23, 2005 1:13:02 PM

Thanks Malke for previous help but I have another question for same problem
and thanks again in advance.
After opening my pictures folder and dragging the selected files to the
cd-rw window I get the messaage box that says - E:\is not accessible,
Incorrect function.
How can I get it to work.

More about : copying pictures

July 23, 2005 2:09:07 PM

rm wrote:

> Thanks Malke for previous help but I have another question for same
> problem and thanks again in advance.
> After opening my pictures folder and dragging the selected files to
> the cd-rw window I get the messaage box that says - E:\is not
> accessible, Incorrect function.
> How can I get it to work.

Next time, keep to the original thread. You haven't provided any
information about your computer and/or its hardware so I can't tell you
why it doesn't work. Things to test, making only one change at a time
and testing after each change:

1. Do you have a cd-rw drive?
2. Did it ever work?
3. Do you have third-party burning software installed?
4. Can you burn anything with Windows built-in burning or just not your
pictures?
5. Is the imapi service running (Start>Run services.msc [enter])?

Here are links to help you troubleshoot cd drives and burning issues:

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a CD-R or
CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q324129

CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316529

Only One CD-R or CD-RW Disk Drive Can Be Used to Create Compact Discs in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294652

Alex Nichol on cd burning in XP
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm