Copying pictures to CD

Thanks Malke for previous help but I have another question for same problem
and thanks again in advance.
After opening my pictures folder and dragging the selected files to the
cd-rw window I get the messaage box that says - E:\is not accessible,
Incorrect function.
How can I get it to work.
1 answer Last reply
More about copying pictures

    rm wrote:

    > Thanks Malke for previous help but I have another question for same
    > problem and thanks again in advance.
    > After opening my pictures folder and dragging the selected files to
    > the cd-rw window I get the messaage box that says - E:\is not
    > accessible, Incorrect function.
    > How can I get it to work.

    Next time, keep to the original thread. You haven't provided any
    information about your computer and/or its hardware so I can't tell you
    why it doesn't work. Things to test, making only one change at a time
    and testing after each change:

    1. Do you have a cd-rw drive?
    2. Did it ever work?
    3. Do you have third-party burning software installed?
    4. Can you burn anything with Windows built-in burning or just not your
    pictures?
    5. Is the imapi service running (Start>Run services.msc [enter])?

    Here are links to help you troubleshoot cd drives and burning issues:

    HOW TO: Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a CD-R or
    CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q324129

    CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316529

    Only One CD-R or CD-RW Disk Drive Can Be Used to Create Compact Discs in
    Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294652

    Alex Nichol on cd burning in XP
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm