How can you turn the hyper threading off in the bios?

szylcky

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I have a severe virtual problem. Going on in my home and I would like to turn the hyperthreading off in my laptop one is Hp and the other dell. I also have a hp desktop pc with amd... The other 2 have intel...all came with window 7 ....but for the life of me I can't access my hard drive. When I save somehing it saves. It in the ram...how screwed up and my browsers are horrible. The only way I have been able to halfway install a router is thru my screwed up browsers. None of my window 7 pcs seem to know how to configure a router.. I have a new hard drive for Hp desktop. I really hate to install it then I am stuck only accessing the virtual part. I recently installed a new hard drive in my laptop then it went all to hell after I installed seatools. Now I find out the hard drive I bought doesn't need utilities that it automatically installs it self. Too late now . I can't boot or install Windows. Not even linux will install. I can't afford too lose another $100 on another hard drive. So it is possible to turn off the hyperthreading in the bios ...I just need to know how. I don't play games or watch tv on my pc so I really just need it to be able to email,internet, and music, a printer would be so nice. Its been so long since I have been able to use one. I hook up a printer but everytime samething always happens my pc. States the printer isn't mine and I can't use it. I will settle for the email,music and surfing the net. If someone can help me with disabling the hyperthread or how to fix my virtual problem so I can access my harddrive I would appreciate it. You can emai me at starr391@gmail.com. I might get it.

Thanks, Suzanne S. McCabe
North America
UnitedStates

Solution

It sounds like you need to find a place to take come computer usage lessons. If you are getting re-directed you have a virus or at least...
You need to re-word your post, nothing you put in makes sense. Why do you want to disable hyperthreading? What is a "virtual problem"? Are you talking about virtual machines like VMware? You go from accessing hard drive, then saving something, then ram, then the browser then the router, then seatools, now you can't install anything. No way to make anything out from that mess.

What is the issue NOW that you are trying to fix? In detail with any error messages.

rgd1101

Don't
Keep it simple and skip the route, can you access the internet thru just the modem?

If IE doesn't work for you try Chrome or Firefox.

New hard drive don't come with windows installed, you will have to install it. Did you connect it correctly to the laptop or desktop?

When I save something it saves. It in the ram??? what that mean?

I really hate to install it then I am stuck only accessing the virtual part. What virtual part? can you describe it?

Disabling Hyper-threading on your CPU has nothing to do with your problems.

You can't "lose" a hard drive unless it's broken in which case you'd simply return it via RMA.

You obviously have a problem which I would be happy to help troubleshoot.

I tried to read your post again but you're all over the place discussing many things and more than one computer. I'm not exactly sure what you did to screw up the hard drive but that's easily fixed.

HD software: www.ultimatebootcd.com
If you want to WIPE your drive you can boot to this DISC and run ActiveKillDisck (uninstall all other hard drives before booting to this). So:

1. run MEMTEST to check your RAM
2. apply the latest motherboard BIOS (optional)
3. write ZEROS to your HD (as above)
4. reinstall Windows...

SUMMARY:
- HT has nothing to do with your issue
- if you need further help let me know

slhpss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
it's ok guys... it's just a "virtual" problem... no need to trouble shoot... I'm sure "Suzanne" from "North America, United States" will get back to us if it ever turns into a real problem...

szylcky

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hey everyone,
Just want to say Thanks for all your input and great advice. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Hope everyone has a great night and thanks again. I 'll figure out eventually after I figure out how to get my administrative rights back. That is probably my biggest problem. My pcs all seem as though belong to someone else . Like Microsoft or Hp but not me. I just bought them right. Anyway just want to say Thanks. Would have been back on here sooner but I get redirected quite a bit and sometimes its hard for me to get back to a certain site.
SUZANNE ;)

It sounds like you need to find a place to take come computer usage lessons. If you are getting re-directed you have a virus or at least spyware, and the way you describe things is very confusing. Get someone local to you to help you out.

Solution