Logitech replacement parts

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I have a Logitech MX700 and I love it. However, those tiny little plastic thingies on the bottom of the mouse have worn down/fallen off. These little plastic thingies allow the mouse to slide smoothly across my desk. Now that they're gone, it's a bit of a chore to move the thing and after a couple of hours my hand tires. What are those thingies called and where can I get replacements for them?

You've tried and failed. The lesson here is, never try again. -- Homer Simpson.

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
<A HREF="http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/entry.php?c=US&l=EN" target="_new">Thingie Warehouse</A>

....WW (5.1)

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Ahhh. The Thingie Warehouse. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the link. After a little searching I came upon a page which states the following:

We only have replacement mouse feet for certain models of mice. Please call our Sales and Information line and a live agent will be happy to determine availability and price for your model. You can reach our US Sales department at 800-231-7717. Our phones are open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, excluding some holidays.

I paid $70 for this frickin' mouse. They'd better have feet for my model!

PS: We can stop calling them thingies. Their called mouse feet.

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Thankfully it is an 800 number...you could be on hold for hours..heh heh..

I've been looking at the Logitech LX 700 keyboard/mouse combo. It would be interesting to see how you get on with their customer support.

....WW (5.1)

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I'll call them later today and let you know how they are to deal with. I will also suggest to them that they stop calling the thingies feet and start calling them thingies.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Thankfully it is an 800 number...you could be on hold for hours..heh heh..
Well, when you call the 800 number they direct you to call 702-269-3457. From there you get a rather lenghthy, very specific menu. Once you get the right button to press it was only about a 5 minute wait. The guy on the other end was very friendly and English is his native tongue. Imagine that. When you talk to the guy he has to take all your info to as he says, "build a case". You get a case number so you can call them back and bust balls if you don't get your stuff. Anyhow, they are sending me new feet, I mean thingies, for the low, low price of $0. However, they're on backorder so it'll probably be a few weeks.

RippledEffects

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
lol!!!!

I was looking for actual place to purchase a click switch or the front board with both clicks for my Mx-518. And found no info relating to where you could get replacement parts for logitec mice. But i read this post and laughed because it looks like that guy never got any feet. There's a reason there on backorder which must means they must fall off a lot. lol wouldn't they be near the mouse if they fell off. not like they could go far. But, why would anyone post about replacement parts and then the post reads about how they ordered stuff from the manufacturer. I wonder how many people were looking for the same info i am. And had to read this! it's the second link in a google search for "logitech mouse replacement parts" lol i'm still laughing.

Also i like the ad that said "related products" and they are just computer parts. Not even mice parts. Just computers and processors and stuff. !lol!

if i find a site that sells
"logitech mouse replacement parts"
i'll post it since no one esle did.

which means if i don't find one and your looking at this three years into the future you'll know why i didn't post a link! lol enjoy ")