Sign in with
Your question

New DIR655 router disconnecting 6.0 DECT phone

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
May 24, 2010 9:19:43 PM

I have a new D-Link DIR655 router on cable internet. I have the Panasonic 6.0 DECT (1.9 GHz frequency band) on an AT&T landline. Ever since I have installed the new router in my office, my Panasonic phone calls randomly disconnect. It is always when I am in the middle of business calls that my phone disconnects. Very aggravating and unprofessional. Is there a solution?

Router

Phone
Anonymous
May 25, 2010 3:59:29 AM

The phone won't be doing much for your internet either. Apply broadband filters to all telephones.

Though the DECT phone is on a different band, I would still heed the advice that the phone base should be located as far from the router or computer as possible. Ditto any video sender.
m
l
May 25, 2010 11:33:09 AM

I am using CABLE internet - not DSL. I just have the usual AT&T landline phone. I did nit know broadband filters were needed with cable internet. I thought filters were only needed if you had DSL and the landline phone on the same phone line.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
May 25, 2010 3:05:38 PM

You mentioned that you're using AT&T landline -- what am I supposed to assume other than that you are using ADSL ?

You don't need the filters. But you probably do need to relocate the phone base because there are harmonics in radio and the two wireless systems could interfere
m
l
May 25, 2010 3:54:36 PM

I'm sorry, I thought when I said "I have a new D-Link DIR655 router on cable internet. I have the Panasonic 6.0 DECT (1.9 GHz frequency band) on an AT&T landline", that was enough to indicate I am using cable internet - not DSL. Thank you for your help.
m
l
Anonymous
May 25, 2010 7:27:23 PM

People don't read stuff that carefully I'm afraid. Me included -- and I trained as a journalist.
m
l
!