Sign in with
Your question

New DIR655 router disconnecting 6.0 DECT phone

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
May 24, 2010 9:19:43 PM

I have a new D-Link DIR655 router on cable internet. I have the Panasonic 6.0 DECT (1.9 GHz frequency band) on an AT&T landline. Ever since I have installed the new router in my office, my Panasonic phone calls randomly disconnect. It is always when I am in the middle of business calls that my phone disconnects. Very aggravating and unprofessional. Is there a solution?

Router

Phone
Anonymous
May 25, 2010 3:59:29 AM

The phone won't be doing much for your internet either. Apply broadband filters to all telephones.

Though the DECT phone is on a different band, I would still heed the advice that the phone base should be located as far from the router or computer as possible. Ditto any video sender.
May 25, 2010 11:33:09 AM

I am using CABLE internet - not DSL. I just have the usual AT&T landline phone. I did nit know broadband filters were needed with cable internet. I thought filters were only needed if you had DSL and the landline phone on the same phone line.
Related resources
Anonymous
May 25, 2010 3:05:38 PM

You mentioned that you're using AT&T landline -- what am I supposed to assume other than that you are using ADSL ?

You don't need the filters. But you probably do need to relocate the phone base because there are harmonics in radio and the two wireless systems could interfere
May 25, 2010 3:54:36 PM

I'm sorry, I thought when I said "I have a new D-Link DIR655 router on cable internet. I have the Panasonic 6.0 DECT (1.9 GHz frequency band) on an AT&T landline", that was enough to indicate I am using cable internet - not DSL. Thank you for your help.
Anonymous
May 25, 2010 7:27:23 PM

People don't read stuff that carefully I'm afraid. Me included -- and I trained as a journalist.
!