Sign in with
Your question

Operating system restore with disc, missing drivers/software

Last response: in Windows 7
September 27, 2012 8:44:04 PM

Hello,
I was trying to completely restore my system using factory discs. I upgraded my ProBook 4525s from 32 to 64 bit. because of all the problems I've been having, I tried putting on the 32 bit version again... well somehow I'm miss a whole lot of stuff. I'm not super computer savy, but figured that i've bdone it in the past, I can do it again. Well the first thing I noticed is that my wireless isn't working. So I go to HP website and try and download some different drivers. Nothing is working and when I try to open and install anything downloaded it doesn't work properly. Went to update my bios and it needs F.0A which I can't download because I don't have a burning software that is compatible. Why I need to burn something to disc when I want to download it directly I don't understand... I dunno. not sure where to go from here.
a b $ Windows 7
September 27, 2012 9:05:11 PM

havingfunwithfire said:
Hello,
I was trying to completely restore my system using factory discs. I upgraded my ProBook 4525s from 32 to 64 bit. because of all the problems I've been having, I tried putting on the 32 bit version again... well somehow I'm miss a whole lot of stuff. I'm not super computer savy, but figured that i've bdone it in the past, I can do it again. Well the first thing I noticed is that my wireless isn't working. So I go to HP website and try and download some different drivers. Nothing is working and when I try to open and install anything downloaded it doesn't work properly. Went to update my bios and it needs F.0A which I can't download because I don't have a burning software that is compatible. Why I need to burn something to disc when I want to download it directly I don't understand... I dunno. not sure where to go from here.

Are you in Windows (7?) or at a dos-type prompt?
First-off, you can't "upgrade" or do an upgrade to 64-bit; It wipes out everything that you had on there and starts fresh....thus the drivers and configuration for wireless. If he drivers are installed, then you should just need to configure the actual connection to your wireless router.
m
l
September 27, 2012 9:30:32 PM

I upgraded my memory so I could make it 64 bit. It is Windows 7 professional, and I have disc for both 32 and 64 bit operating system. Its not recognizing I even have wireless.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 27, 2012 9:41:47 PM

Does the wireless card show up in device manager? Is you wireless card turned off(some laptops have a switch).
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 27, 2012 10:01:40 PM

havingfunwithfire said:
I upgraded my memory so I could make it 64 bit. It is Windows 7 professional, and I have disc for both 32 and 64 bit operating system. Its not recognizing I even have wireless.

If you can hook it up to an actual wired connection as opposed to the wireless, that would help you to get the wireless setup. You might be able to get Windows Update to find the wireless drivers or go to the laptop manufacturer's website to download.
m
l
September 27, 2012 11:29:01 PM

This is what I have been trying to do, but everytime I download a driver for my computer/operating system from hp.com it cannot find device and aborts the driver download.
m
l
September 27, 2012 11:44:06 PM

My ProBook 4525s does have a button. It does nothing to press it. My device manger does not show my wireless, so i'm not sure how to go about "plugging it back in".
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 1:07:58 AM

havingfunwithfire said:
My ProBook 4525s does have a button. It does nothing to press it. My device manger does not show my wireless, so i'm not sure how to go about "plugging it back in".

do you know which wireless card it has? I can't tell because on the HP website, it lists a few different wireless cards and brands.
m
l
!