Allowing certain things to pass through the network devise..

kyle

i use certain online download programs and i was
woundering how i could get a "direct" connection with
this program so that i can download without the network
restricting some of the others users from connecting with
my computer. Basically i want it the way i had it before
i connected the network devise to my connection.

You need to open the ports used by program in the router.
Check which ports the program uses and go to Security/Port
Forwarding in the router and open the ports (most often you
want to use a static IP in the PC and do a persistent port
forwarding -- do a search on the group for port forwarding)

joker

Are you refereeing to file sharing programs such as BitTorrent,
Shareaza, eDonkey2000, Etc...?

Kyle wrote:

> i use certain online download programs and i was
> woundering how i could get a "direct" connection with
> this program so that i can download without the network
> restricting some of the others users from connecting with
> my computer. Basically i want it the way i had it before
> i connected the network devise to my connection.

kyle

How would i find the port used by the program

kyle

BitTorrent and Imesh are the main ones

joker

The original Bittorrent client uses the following TCP port range
6881-6999. You will need to use Persistent Port Forwarding for that to
work.

kyle wrote:

> BitTorrent and Imesh are the main ones

kyle

What do i put for the privite ports???? And how do i find
it?

The easy way is to go to the program web site, or search on
the Internet -- search for the name of the program and "port."

Another way is to open Command Prompt and run netstat -ano.
Start the program. Open a second command prompt. and run
netstat -ano. Compare both lists of ports. ^.^

joker

Same port numbers for both private & inbound for the first question.

I'm assuming you are talking about "Persistent Port Forwarding" for the
second question. If that is the case follow the directions below
otherwise you will need to elaborate on what you want to find.

Sign into http://192.168.2.1 | go to "Security" | then "Port Forwarding"