ATI TV Wonder audio problem with Playstation 2

SpACatta

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2004
I just moved out of my dorm yesterday, and when everything was hooked up there, I had no problem. I had my Playstation 2 hooked into the purple A/V input box that came with my ATI TV Wonder, and video and audio worked just fine. However, when I hooked it all up correctly here at home, I'm getting video, but no audio. I've eliminated the console as a culprit, because both my XBox and PS2 have the problem when connected to the TV Wonder. I'm also sure it's not my computer, as it plays all other audio just fine, but any audio coming from the connected console is non-existant, while the video comes through just fine. It's almost as if the purple A/V box had both of its audio-in jacks damaged in the move, but the video jack survived just fine.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Does the card have an internal 4-pin header? If so, you could use that to connect the card to the soundcard, rather than the external cable. Then you could use an RCA to minijack adapter to connect the playstation to the soundcard's Line-In jack.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>