Sign in with
Your question

Sound via hdmi to monitor to reciever

Last response: in Windows 7
September 27, 2012 11:52:52 PM

Hello, I connected my computer to my monitor via hdmi but there is no sound coming from my monitor. i updated all drivers and even tryed to connect the monitor to a reciever from the head phone jacks. i get sound from my computer to the reciever that way byt not thru the monitor. monitor is e2370 lg and my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5450. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 1:24:37 AM

do you have amd hdmi output selected as default in sound properties?
a b C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 1:27:14 AM

if you want to have the sound come out of the tv's speakers you need to go into the tv's control panel/sound and select that.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 1:34:43 AM

^+1
The vast majority of computers require external speakers or a headset/headphones simply because monitors DO NOT support them. There are monitors out there which have built-in speakers but they are rare.
a b C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 1:39:32 AM

if it had sound before he hooked his computer to it ..................
September 28, 2012 1:41:33 AM

do you have amd hdmi output selected as default in sound properties? - yes i have it selected. The volume bar goes up and down the a video is playing but no sound.
Does your monitor have speakers? Many do not. - No, my monitor has a headphone jack thats how i'm connecting my reciever.
September 28, 2012 1:44:06 AM

when i look at my sound devices all it shows is AMD High Definiton Audio Device and High Definition Audio Device.
a b C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 1:45:49 AM

Oooh, I have a monitor like that. Did you turn up the volume on the monitor?

I would also suggest trying the other outputs in your "Sound Properties" window.
September 28, 2012 1:47:58 AM

yes
a b C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 1:53:38 AM

gotta go into the TV's control panel and look under sound. not on your computer. enable TV's speakers, or if your TV has external speakers you need to point to those..........

having said that............ you also need to select the correct HDMI port. ( also located in the TV's control panel. )
!