How can I remove the Internet Explorer 6.0sp2 add-ons

July 23, 2005 2:42:02 PM

How can I remove the Internet Explorer 6.0sp2 add-ons that shows in the
manage add-ons window.

I have tried go to the view object in internet properties but it just show a
portion of it.

So, what's the actual way to remove the objects added on?

Thanks.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 5:56:02 PM

ActiveX can be removed from:
C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
By Right Clicking an entry and choose Remove.

Other items such as Browser Helper Objects and Browser
extensions (Like Java, Adobe Reader) require other tools
such as MS Antispyware's System Explorers -where you
can selectively block or remove an item.

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I remove the Internet Explorer 6.0sp2 add-ons that shows in the
> manage add-ons window.
>
> I have tried go to the view object in internet properties but it just show
> portion of it.
>
> So, what's the actual way to remove the objects added on?
>

> Thanks.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 5:56:03 PM

thanks for reply.

How about the active-x like real G2 control, windows messenger...etc?
If i'm not using Microsoft Antispyware, can I manually remove it?

Thanks 4 reply. :)

"R. McCarty" wrote:

> ActiveX can be removed from:
> C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
> By Right Clicking an entry and choose Remove.
>
> Other items such as Browser Helper Objects and Browser
> extensions (Like Java, Adobe Reader) require other tools
> such as MS Antispyware's System Explorers -where you
> can selectively block or remove an item.
>

> "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How can I remove the Internet Explorer 6.0sp2 add-ons that shows in the
> > manage add-ons window.
> >
> > I have tried go to the view object in internet properties but it just show
> > portion of it.
> >
> > So, what's the actual way to remove the objects added on?
> >

> > Thanks.

July 23, 2005 6:19:44 PM

We may talking about different things. Windows Messenger loads
via a Registry key or starts automatically through Outlook Express.
For those types of things, you'll need to use MSConfig.Exe and
click the Startup (TAB). Using that you can modify Startup and
Watchdog applications & services. It's confusing, because XP is
a platform and so many things Hook and interface within it and
the applications that run on it, like IE.

> thanks for reply.
>
> How about the active-x like real G2 control, windows messenger...etc?
> If i'm not using Microsoft Antispyware, can I manually remove it?
>
> Thanks 4 reply. :)
>
> "R. McCarty" wrote:
>
>> ActiveX can be removed from:
>> C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
>> By Right Clicking an entry and choose Remove.
>>
>> Other items such as Browser Helper Objects and Browser
>> extensions (Like Java, Adobe Reader) require other tools
>> such as MS Antispyware's System Explorers -where you
>> can selectively block or remove an item.
>>

>> "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I remove the Internet Explorer 6.0sp2 add-ons that shows in the
>> > manage add-ons window.
>> >
>> > I have tried go to the view object in internet properties but it just
>> > show
>> > portion of it.
>> >
>> > So, what's the actual way to remove the objects added on?
>> >

>> > Thanks.

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 3:20:43 AM

How to manage Internet Explorer add-ons in Windows XP Service Pack 2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

!