Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

The best stereo headset./headphones..

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
July 20, 2009 5:04:01 PM

hello...can i have some opinion about stereo headset/headphones..

what is the best stereo headset/headphones that u can recommend me or maybe stereo bluetooth headset?

i heard that sennhesser is a very good brand for stereo headset/headphones? is it true? or any other brand?

any model that u can recommend me to buy it?

thanks !!!
July 20, 2009 8:06:20 PM

What is your budget? Also, what do you want to use them for? There are many good stereo headphones - Sennheisers are nice, as are Grados, Denons, AKG, and many others.
July 20, 2009 10:36:19 PM

Here are the headphones that you might want to consider:

From top, base on my preference:
1 - M-Audio Studiophile Q40
2 - Sennheiser (PXC 250)
3 - Sennheiser (HD 555)
4 - Sennheiser (HD 515)

With Noise Cancelling

5 - Beats by Dr. Dre Studio High-Definition
6 - PhiTek Blackbox M14 ANR
7 - Bose Quiet Comfort

For Budget:

Behringer HPX4000

I pick Q40 better due to no niose cancelling, no battery required as well than Dr. Dre Studio HD. But the Dr. Dre Studio sounds better than any Bose Quiet Comfort.

If you're playing music through portable player, the M-Audio have the advantage over Sennheisers.

Behringer HPX4000 has good sound quality too but I found the unit to be unconfortable.

All the Sennheisers and Dr. Dre Studio HD mentioned above and Dr. Dre Studio HD are more confortable than M-Audio Studiophile Q40.

6 - PhiTek Blackbox M14 ANR w/ Noise Cancelling
7 - Bose Quiet Comfort

For Budget:

Behringer HPX4000

I pick Q40 better than Dr. Dre Studio HD because it doesn't require battery and sound quality is as good.

If you're playing music through portable player, the M-Audio which sounds cleaner have the advantage over Sennheiser’s where a little muddy sounds.

Behringer HPX4000 has good sound quality too but I found the unit to be unconfortable. The Sennheiser’s and Dr. Dre Studio HD mentioned above are more comfortable than M-Audio Studiophile Q40.

All of these headphones are lower grade compared to Grados or AKG but can do well enough of producing good quality music base on their price range. Unfortunately other headphone I tested weren't compared side by side so I can't say if one is better than the other.


I would suggest you try the heaphones yourself as it might sounds different to you.
Related resources
July 21, 2009 12:50:05 AM

cjl said:
What is your budget? Also, what do you want to use them for? There are many good stereo headphones - Sennheisers are nice, as are Grados, Denons, AKG, and many others.


any price is ok for me, as long as i could get the best sound performance..

i also heard sennheisser is good..any specific model that u can recommend me?
July 21, 2009 9:30:48 PM

Well, for the best sound performance, the HD800. I get a feeling that exceeds your budget though, despite your claims of not having one. For a more reasonable price range, the HD555 is quite nice.
July 21, 2009 11:12:40 PM

cjl said:
Well, for the best sound performance, the HD800. I get a feeling that exceeds your budget though, despite your claims of not having one. For a more reasonable price range, the HD555 is quite nice.



HD800, i don't like the design=P..

hmmm...many people talk about HD595..is it that good?
July 21, 2009 11:17:17 PM

rexter said:
Here are the headphones that you might want to consider:

From top, base on my preference:
1 - M-Audio Studiophile Q40
2 - Sennheiser (PXC 250)
3 - Sennheiser (HD 555)
4 - Sennheiser (HD 515)

With Noise Cancelling

5 - Beats by Dr. Dre Studio High-Definition
6 - PhiTek Blackbox M14 ANR
7 - Bose Quiet Comfort

For Budget:

Behringer HPX4000

I pick Q40 better due to no niose cancelling, no battery required as well than Dr. Dre Studio HD. But the Dr. Dre Studio sounds better than any Bose Quiet Comfort.

If you're playing music through portable player, the M-Audio have the advantage over Sennheisers.

Behringer HPX4000 has good sound quality too but I found the unit to be unconfortable.

All the Sennheisers and Dr. Dre Studio HD mentioned above and Dr. Dre Studio HD are more confortable than M-Audio Studiophile Q40.

6 - PhiTek Blackbox M14 ANR w/ Noise Cancelling
7 - Bose Quiet Comfort

For Budget:

Behringer HPX4000

I pick Q40 better than Dr. Dre Studio HD because it doesn't require battery and sound quality is as good.

If you're playing music through portable player, the M-Audio which sounds cleaner have the advantage over Sennheiser’s where a little muddy sounds.

Behringer HPX4000 has good sound quality too but I found the unit to be unconfortable. The Sennheiser’s and Dr. Dre Studio HD mentioned above are more comfortable than M-Audio Studiophile Q40.

All of these headphones are lower grade compared to Grados or AKG but can do well enough of producing good quality music base on their price range. Unfortunately other headphone I tested weren't compared side by side so I can't say if one is better than the other.


I would suggest you try the heaphones yourself as it might sounds different to you.



i dont think here in Malaysia they sell the M-Audio, maybe i'll go with the Seinhesser..i'll try check some review for the model that you suggest...thanks :D 

and i heard many talk about Seinhesser HD595..is it good?
July 22, 2009 4:11:52 AM

The 595 is quite good, yes.
July 22, 2009 4:48:35 AM

cjl said:
The 595 is quite good, yes.


between HD595 & HD555...which one better?

HD595 ?
July 23, 2009 12:04:27 AM

595, yes (it's also more expensive).
July 23, 2009 12:24:14 AM

cjl said:
595, yes (it's also more expensive).


ya..its more expensive..

what about JABRA Halo Wireless Headphone ?

it's stylish but what about the sound quality?

anyone have any idea?

July 24, 2009 12:48:03 AM

Never heard of them. I doubt they match a Senn 595 though.
July 24, 2009 2:25:32 AM

Right before I heard the Q-40 I was convince to purchased HD650 or HD555, 'tell I compared the HD555 and Q-40 which is the same price. It's a shame if you could not get it from where you are.

The HD800 replaces the HD650, so if you can find one (HD650) it might cost less the it's original price, which is better than 595 in my openion.

You might want to consider this as well: Beats by Dr. Dre Studio High-Definition - http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3808
July 27, 2009 7:18:42 AM

IMHO, the beats are not even remotely in the same category as a 595 or 650 for clarity. They have too much bass, and it is kind of a muddy bass too. Oh, and the 650 is unlikely to have dropped much in price unfortunately - the 800 doesn't really replace it so much as create another, yet higher category. The 650's MSRP was something like $500, while the 800's MSRP is something like $1400.
July 28, 2009 5:49:13 AM

cjl said:
IMHO, the beats are not even remotely in the same category as a 595 or 650 for clarity. They have too much bass, and it is kind of a muddy bass too. Oh, and the 650 is unlikely to have dropped much in price unfortunately - the 800 doesn't really replace it so much as create another, yet higher category. The 650's MSRP was something like $500, while the 800's MSRP is something like $1400.



i think i'll go for HD555 with amp..(its cheaper) ..hehe..

can u suggest any amp that best use with HD555?

i heard bout Ibasso D2 Boa..is it good?

i use headphone for portable and my pc..

any portble amp suggestion?
July 30, 2009 12:10:03 PM

i just bought HD555 and need portable amp...can anybody give suggestion/opinion about portable amp that suits best with HD555?
!