suspicious MSCONIF Startup entry

Can anyone tell me if I can delete an entry in MSCONIG Startup screen that
looks something like this: dumpprep 0 -s

This description is just from recollection since I'm not near that computer
now.

I'm having blue screen freeze-up problems and I'm running out of ideas of
things to try.

thanks for any advice.
3 answers Last reply
More about suspicious msconif startup entry

    In news:9E977FF6-51E4-4F97-86DA-FEFAEFAEFAE4@microsoft.com,
    wheat66 <wheat66@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Can anyone tell me if I can delete an entry in MSCONIG Startup
    > screen
    > that looks something like this: dumpprep 0 -s

    Leave it alone. Read here.

    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/dumprep/

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    "wheat66" <wheat66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me if I can delete an entry in MSCONIG Startup screen that
    > looks something like this: dumpprep 0 -s
    >
    > This description is just from recollection since I'm not near that
    > computer
    > now.
    >
    > I'm having blue screen freeze-up problems and I'm running out of ideas of
    > things to try.
    >
    > thanks for any advice.

    You can uncheck it and restart.

    bearman

    The Windows XP-based computer may run slowly and you may receive Dumprep.exe
    error messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;899870

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:9E977FF6-51E4-4F97-86DA-FEFAEFAEFAE4@microsoft.com,
    wheat66 <wheat66@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Can anyone tell me if I can delete an entry in MSCONIG Startup screen that
    > looks something like this: dumpprep 0 -s
    >
    > This description is just from recollection since I'm not near that
    > computer now.
    >
    > I'm having blue screen freeze-up problems and I'm running out of ideas of
    > things to try.
    >
    > thanks for any advice.

Startup Screen Microsoft Windows XP