suspicious MSCONIF Startup entry

Can anyone tell me if I can delete an entry in MSCONIG Startup screen that
looks something like this: dumpprep 0 -s

This description is just from recollection since I'm not near that computer
now.

I'm having blue screen freeze-up problems and I'm running out of ideas of
things to try.

thanks for any advice.

In news:9E977FF6-51E4-4F97-86DA-FEFAEFAEFAE4@microsoft.com,
wheat66 <wheat66@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Can anyone tell me if I can delete an entry in MSCONIG Startup
> screen
> that looks something like this: dumpprep 0 -s

Leave it alone. Read here.

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/dumprep/

Please reply to the newsgroup

"wheat66" <wheat66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me if I can delete an entry in MSCONIG Startup screen that
> looks something like this: dumpprep 0 -s
>
> This description is just from recollection since I'm not near that
> computer
> now.
>
> I'm having blue screen freeze-up problems and I'm running out of ideas of
> things to try.
>
> thanks for any advice.

You can uncheck it and restart.

bearman

The Windows XP-based computer may run slowly and you may receive Dumprep.exe
error messages
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;899870

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.