Sign in with
Your question

Turning DVD's to CD'S

Last response: in Storage
May 10, 2005 4:16:31 PM

I know this sounds stupid and many will ask the question as to why one would want to do this, but a friend of mine bought about 70 DVD's at a cheap computer store thinking they were CD's and gave them to me to burn a few of my CD's from my collection. I am not going out to by a pack of CD's for him and besides that, half of these DVD's look as if they have been undully exposed to light, where about half of the outer disc has a dark rusty brown colour in a cresent moon shape being about four millimeters at its widest point. I don't care if I only use up a CD's worth of data, just so that it can be played on a CD player. Can this be done?

<b>
Quote:
<font color=red> If Music be the Food of Souls,</font color=red>
<i><font color=purple> Then Play On............ </b></i>

</font color=purple>

More about : turning dvd

May 11, 2005 6:40:25 AM

No, the tracks are narrower on a DVD, a CD player can't read them, you cannot cut new tracks.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
May 11, 2005 4:11:11 PM

But they could probally be played on his DVD player.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
Related resources
May 14, 2005 8:28:35 PM

just burn audio cds onto the dvds as you would regular cd's and have him play them in his ps2, xbox, or dvd player... or a car tv/dvd receiver

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
May 14, 2005 10:55:53 PM

Those DVD's sound real dodgey...I wouldn't even put them in my dvd burner to begin with.

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax</b></font color=blue>
!