Sign in with
Your question

Want to build a new system but need some assistance

Last response: in Computer Brands
February 24, 2010 12:35:02 AM

hi guys im from australia and sort of getting back into the computing stuff again, but seeing i have been out of the game for a little while i was wondering if i could get some assistance...i want to build a system that i will use for gaming, microsoft office, watching movies and web browsing...i have a budget of about AUD$700-$1000, i have been looking around at both Intel i5,i7 and the AMD x4's...now most my research has been based on the AMD system this is what i have so far

AMD x4 Core Quad 965 3.40Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte MA770T-UD3
Cooling Fan Genuine AMD Boxed
Chipsets AMD 770 Chipset
Motherboard Main Feature:
DDR3, 1xPCI-E, 2xPCI, 1xIDE, Upto 8xUSB, 4xSATA DDR3, 1xPCI-E, 2xPCI, 1xIDE, Upto 8xUSB, 4xSATA
Video Card 1GB ATI 5770 Video Card
Memory 4GB DDR3 1333 Memory (AMD Approved)
Hard Disk 1TB SATA 2
ATX CASE AeroCool Tower Case “Germany Design”
Sound Card High Definition Audio CODEC 6 Channel Sound Integrated) High Definition Audio CODEC 6 Channel Sound (Integrated)
Network Card Gigabit 10/100/1000 Fast Network Card (Integrated) Gigabit 10/100/1000 Fast Network Card (Integrated)
DVD RW dual layer burner

around AUD$950

now i was hoping this system will be able to play most new games out on the market atm, also with the graphics card i've read something about buying 2 and then linking the 2 graphics card together (sorry i forgot what its called)...but i was wondering with the amount of money i want to spend could i build an intel system for the same amount of money or is this system adequate for what i want to do. also this only consists of only the tower im not including the screen,mouse,etc. just the tower itself....so any information will be great.

thanks

Ryan
!