Warning on Warcraft III

Kanaz

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
I just got a beta version of Warcraft III, and it works beautifully. But don't install the LAN crack, it's a virus. I got it off of eDonkey, so if you got a copy from anywere else, it may not be bad.

Just a warning.

-Kanaz

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I’m not. I’ve been dying to get my hands on a beta Warcraft III.

Can you play the missions or is it just mulitplayer?

Just can’t seem to find one on Gnotella and I don’t feel comfortable installing “edonkey”.

Thx & Cya

<font color=green> 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6?? </font color=green>

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Forget gnutella, morpheus, edonkey or whatever, if your going to steal software do it properly.

alt.binaries.cdimage

However there is a slight learning curve but it's not too bad.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thx! I will give it a try.

BTY I only want to “steal” the beta. If I like it I will definitely buy warcraft III when it comes out.

Cya

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
......and that iiiissss..... what is the purpuse, i guess im asking, of posting that?

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
im confused.... is there a link for that? id like to get the unreal beta.... i hear its unreal.....

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I’m going to assume that your not just joking.

You can access news groups through Outlook express. You have to set it up 1st for example, under tools, accounts, news (tab), add, then depending on your isp (Cox in Las Vegas is “news.lvcm.com”) you enter the newsgroup. BTY Don’t enter your real E-mail, you will get tons of spam if you post much.

Once it’s setup then in Outlook just hit the inbox tab and switch it to the news group you just set up.

There are lots of other newsgroup browsers that work well, I found that outlook would have problems when combining over 100 megs of files. That’s the other thing you need to know, after you down load 200 of 200 of what ever your trying to download, then you use the combine and decode feature. Then you will probably have to unzip or unrar it but I will let you figure that out.

Cya

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
oh, i definately wasnt joking.... much to my dismay, broadband wasnt offered here till about 2 months ago, so i was stuck on aol. anyway, thanks for the info.