XP SYSTEM RESTORE

July 23, 2005 6:10:03 PM

I just finished re-installing Win XP after changing hard drives to a larger
one. I was required to go through MS Activation Process do to he hardware
change and all went well. The computer is running correctly on all programs
except "System Retsore".

When I go to START--ALL PROGRAMS--ACCESSORIES--SYSTEM TOOLS and click on
System Restore, All I get is a screen that says "System Restore application
has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience"

Then some more text and two boxes with the options "SEND ERROR REPORT" and
the other "DON'T SEND".

I checked the help options and there was an option line that said "How to
turn on System Restore" I went through all of the suggested settings but
always ended up with the same error screen as discribed above.

Any help would be appreciated in getting my System Restore back working again.

Redwagon

More about : system restore

July 23, 2005 6:22:51 PM

REDWAGON wrote:
> I just finished re-installing Win XP after changing hard
> drives to a larger one. I was required to go through MS
> Activation Process do to he hardware change and all went
> well.

Then you either changed MORE than just the HD, or you also changed
other major components during the last 120 days.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 6:39:09 PM

The only thing I changed was the hard drive. I went through all of the
necessary steps to get the new hard drive installed and then removed the old
hard drive. Then all I did was install XP (clean install) from the original
CD disk to the new hard drive. Like I said all went well and all the programs
associated with XP are working fine , EXCEPT System Restore. The only thing I
had to do was Re-activate XP (Used the phone option) and it went well.

If you have nay particular suggestions except a suggestion that I changed
something esle, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the reply however.

Redwagon

"Curmudgeon" wrote:

> REDWAGON wrote:
> > I just finished re-installing Win XP after changing hard
> > drives to a larger one. I was required to go through MS
> > Activation Process do to he hardware change and all went
> > well.
>
> Then you either changed MORE than just the HD, or you also changed
> other major components during the last 120 days.

July 23, 2005 10:54:44 PM

Hi,

Reinstall System Restore using these instructions.
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#ReinstallSR

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

REDWAGON wrote:
> I just finished re-installing Win XP after changing hard
> drives to a larger one. I was required to go through MS
> Activation Process do to he hardware change and all went
> well. The computer is running correctly on all programs
> except "System Retsore".
>
> When I go to START--ALL PROGRAMS--ACCESSORIES--SYSTEM
> TOOLS and click on System Restore, All I get is a screen
> that says "System Restore application has encountered a
> problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
> inconvenience"
>
> Then some more text and two boxes with the options "SEND
> ERROR REPORT" and the other "DON'T SEND".
>
> I checked the help options and there was an option line
> that said "How to turn on System Restore" I went through
> all of the suggested settings but always ended up with
> the same error screen as discribed above.
>
> Any help would be appreciated in getting my System
> Restore back working again.
>
> Redwagon
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 11:08:02 PM

Thanks Bert. Good site to keep handy. Didn't take long to get my System
Restore back again. Many Thanks.

Redwagon.....

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Reinstall System Restore using these instructions.
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#ReinstallSR
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>

> REDWAGON wrote:
> > I just finished re-installing Win XP after changing hard
> > drives to a larger one. I was required to go through MS
> > Activation Process do to he hardware change and all went
> > well. The computer is running correctly on all programs
> > except "System Retsore".
> >
> > When I go to START--ALL PROGRAMS--ACCESSORIES--SYSTEM
> > TOOLS and click on System Restore, All I get is a screen
> > that says "System Restore application has encountered a
> > problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
> > inconvenience"
> >
> > Then some more text and two boxes with the options "SEND
> > ERROR REPORT" and the other "DON'T SEND".
> >
> > I checked the help options and there was an option line
> > that said "How to turn on System Restore" I went through
> > all of the suggested settings but always ended up with
> > the same error screen as discribed above.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated in getting my System
> > Restore back working again.
> >
> > Redwagon

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 3:20:40 AM

You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback.

--

REDWAGON wrote:
> Thanks Bert. Good site to keep handy. Didn't take long to
> get my System Restore back again. Many Thanks.
>
> Redwagon.....
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Reinstall System Restore using these instructions.
>> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#ReinstallSR
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>

>> REDWAGON wrote:
>>> I just finished re-installing Win XP after changing hard
>>> drives to a larger one. I was required to go through MS
>>> Activation Process do to he hardware change and all went
>>> well. The computer is running correctly on all programs
>>> except "System Retsore".
>>>
>>> When I go to START--ALL PROGRAMS--ACCESSORIES--SYSTEM
>>> TOOLS and click on System Restore, All I get is a screen
>>> that says "System Restore application has encountered a
>>> problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
>>> inconvenience"
>>>
>>> Then some more text and two boxes with the options "SEND
>>> ERROR REPORT" and the other "DON'T SEND".
>>>
>>> I checked the help options and there was an option line
>>> that said "How to turn on System Restore" I went through
>>> all of the suggested settings but always ended up with
>>> the same error screen as discribed above.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated in getting my System
>>> Restore back working again.
>>>
>>> Redwagon
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 12:17:41 PM

Curmudgeon wrote:
> REDWAGON wrote:
>> I just finished re-installing Win XP after changing hard
>> drives to a larger one. I was required to go through MS
>> Activation Process do to he hardware change and all went
>> well.
>
> Then you either changed MORE than just the HD, or you also changed
> other major components during the last 120 days.

ROFL! Every installation of XP requires activation.

--
Peace!
Kurt

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote
> Curmudgeon wrote:
>> REDWAGON wrote:
>>> I just finished re-installing Win XP after changing hard
>>> drives to a larger one. I was required to go through MS
>>> Activation Process do to he hardware change and all went
>>> well.
>>
>> Then you either changed MORE than just the HD, or you also changed
>> other major components during the last 120 days.
>
> ROFL! Every installation of XP requires activation.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt

You mean every *legal* installation of a non pirated XP requires activation.

--
Alias

July 24, 2005 6:24:25 PM

Alias wrote:

> You mean every *legal* installation of a non pirated XP requires
> activation.

Every non-VL, non-pirated installation requires activation.

--
!