Windows XP Won't Load

I am/was running XP Home Edition, now it will not load. The progam is stuck
on the windows screen with the blue bar running under the logo. I have tried
to restore the system, in the safe mode, to a previous time but that does not
work. Please help me!

Malke

Renee Wilburn wrote:

> I am/was running XP Home Edition, now it will not load. The progam is
> stuck on the windows screen with the blue bar running under the logo.
> I have tried to restore the system, in the safe mode, to a previous
> time but that does not work. Please help me!

I'd love to Renee, but you haven't given us any information with which
to help you. Basically, all you've told us is "it's broken".

Please go here to see how to craft a good newsgroup post:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Then come back with all the necessary information so we can give you
suggestions for focused troubleshooting.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

My computer is a Gateway Performance Desktop. The installed XP program was
purchased separately. Yesterday, when a thunderstorm began I shutdown the
computer immediately after the power briefly blinked. When I went to start
the computer this morning the following screen appeared "Windows did not
start successfully." I have not make any recent changes to the hardware or
software. I can access windows in the safe mode and have tried to restore to
a previous time it that way but it has not been successsful.

"Malke" wrote:

> Renee Wilburn wrote:
>
> > I am/was running XP Home Edition, now it will not load. The progam is
> > stuck on the windows screen with the blue bar running under the logo.
> > I have tried to restore the system, in the safe mode, to a previous
> > time but that does not work. Please help me!
>
> I'd love to Renee, but you haven't given us any information with which
> to help you. Basically, all you've told us is "it's broken".
>
> Please go here to see how to craft a good newsgroup post:
>
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> Then come back with all the necessary information so we can give you
> suggestions for focused troubleshooting.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

Malke

Renee Wilburn wrote:

> My computer is a Gateway Performance Desktop. The installed XP program
> was purchased separately. Yesterday, when a thunderstorm began I
> shutdown the computer immediately after the power briefly blinked.
> When I went to start the computer this morning the following screen
> appeared "Windows did not start successfully." I have not make any
> recent changes to the hardware or software. I can access windows in
> the safe mode and have tried to restore to a previous time it that way
> but it has not been successsful.
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> Renee Wilburn wrote:
>>
>> > I am/was running XP Home Edition, now it will not load. The progam
>> > is stuck on the windows screen with the blue bar running under the
>> > logo. I have tried to restore the system, in the safe mode, to a
>> > previous time but that does not work. Please help me!

From the same menu where you got Safe Mode, try booting into Last Known
Good Configuration. If that doesn't work, I'd do some hardware
troubleshooting to ensure that nothing got fried. If the hardware is
healthy but you still can't boot into Windows, try a Repair Install:

If you don't know how to do hardware troubleshooting and/or don't have
another computer with which to download tools, etc. then take the
machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local
equivalent of BigStoreUSA).

Malke