Can't logon to network computer

ricardo

Hi all...

I have a home network of 2 pcs, but when I try to logon to the other
machine, i type \fabio\c$ I receive a logon window, b ut the name is disabled
with the Guest account...

I made the same account hat I use in my pc, but didn't work..

How can I do the logon???

[]s...

In article <7D7F68EF-D310-44D4-AA21-08EBD5EA4D8F@microsoft.com>,
"Ricardo" <Ricardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Hi all...
>
>I have a home network of 2 pcs, but when I try to logon to the other
>machine, i type \fabio\c$ I receive a logon window, b ut the name is disabled
>with the Guest account...
>
>I made the same account hat I use in my pc, but didn't work..
>
>How can I do the logon???
>
>[]s...

On the computer that you're trying to access (fabio):

1. Type this command in the Start | Run box to enable network access
by the Guest account:

net user guest /active:yes

2. Remove the network password from the Guest account:

1. Click Start | Run.
2. Type "control userpasswords2" in the box and click OK:
3. Click Guest.
4. Click Reset Password.
5. Click OK without entering a new password.

Does "fabio" run XP Home Edition or XP Professional?
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com