Can't logon to network computer

Hi all...

I have a home network of 2 pcs, but when I try to logon to the other
machine, i type \fabio\c$ I receive a logon window, b ut the name is disabled
with the Guest account...

I made the same account hat I use in my pc, but didn't work..

How can I do the logon???

[]s...
1 answer Last reply
More about logon network computer

    In article <7D7F68EF-D310-44D4-AA21-08EBD5EA4D8F@microsoft.com>,
    "Ricardo" <Ricardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >Hi all...
    >
    >I have a home network of 2 pcs, but when I try to logon to the other
    >machine, i type \fabio\c$ I receive a logon window, b ut the name is disabled
    >with the Guest account...
    >
    >I made the same account hat I use in my pc, but didn't work..
    >
    >How can I do the logon???
    >
    >[]s...

    On the computer that you're trying to access (fabio):

    1. Type this command in the Start | Run box to enable network access
    by the Guest account:

    net user guest /active:yes

    2. Remove the network password from the Guest account:

    1. Click Start | Run.
    2. Type "control userpasswords2" in the box and click OK:
    3. Click Guest.
    4. Click Reset Password.
    5. Click OK without entering a new password.

    Does "fabio" run XP Home Edition or XP Professional?
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Computers Microsoft Windows XP