Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 WMP BSOD Crash Dump Question

Last response: in Windows 7
March 22, 2010 4:56:31 PM

Hello:

I'm getting the BSOD whilie running WMP on my brand new pc with Windows 7 (I did a search for my exact crash dump codes and didn't find the answer).

The crash dump codes are:

stop: 0X0000001E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF800908EFCF, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

Thanks very much in advance,

Bob
March 22, 2010 5:26:31 PM

Generally BSOD don't occur unless you are using shoddy unsigned drivers, or there is a hardware problem.

If you are not using unsigned drivers, then I suggest stress testing your PC. Memtest will do a good job of testing your memory, and Prime95 will put your CPU through its paces.

You can always try reseating your hardware by removing it and blowing out the connectors to make sure there is no dust.
m
l
March 22, 2010 6:28:58 PM

JasonAkkerman said:
Generally BSOD don't occur unless you are using shoddy unsigned drivers, or there is a hardware problem.

If you are not using unsigned drivers, then I suggest stress testing your PC. Memtest will do a good job of testing your memory, and Prime95 will put your CPU through its paces.

You can always try reseating your hardware by removing it and blowing out the connectors to make sure there is no dust.

Jason:

This pc is basically brand new--only been out of the box for a month...and my problem is I know very little about computers--so should I just get on the phone with HP Tech Support? If not, are Memtest and Prime95 free downloads and can a guy with very limit computer skills handle the job at hand?

Also, I found this while doing an internet search...I guess this wouldn't fix the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum...

Original link was at: http://www.blogsdna.com/7086/fix-windows-7-blue-screen-...

Thanks for your help,

Bob
m
l
Related resources
March 22, 2010 7:09:07 PM

Memtest and Prime95 are both free. Memtest requires that you be able to burn a CD from an image, and Prime95 is very easy to use.

First step I would do would be to upgrade all your drivers. Check the HP support website for the files you would needs.

If all this fails then contact HP tech support.
m
l
March 22, 2010 7:53:39 PM

Jason:

Sorry for the Neophyte question, but how/where do I go to upgrad my drivers?

Thanks again,

Bob
m
l
!