C$ system share

Hi,
In my SOHO network, I have 3 XP Pro SP2 machines on w 802.11g network.
I need to open the C$ share of any machine from any machine without
providing credintials. What local policy to alter?
Thanks
Yba
5 answers Last reply
More about system share

    yba02 wrote:

    > Hi,
    > In my SOHO network, I have 3 XP Pro SP2 machines on w 802.11g network.
    > I need to open the C$ share of any machine from any machine without
    > providing credintials. What local policy to alter?
    > Thanks
    > Yba

    The easiest thing to do is disable Simple Sharing on all machines and
    create identical user accounts/passwords on all three machines. Then
    your file sharing will be seamless. Make sure all firewalls are
    properly configured to allow the lan as trusted.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    HI...

    I create the identical user on the other computer, but when I try to access
    the c$ share, a logon window with the guest account filled and disable
    appears..

    Why???

    Ricardo wrote:

    > HI...
    >
    > I create the identical user on the other computer, but when I try to
    > access the c$ share, a logon window with the guest account filled and
    > disable appears..
    >
    > Why???

    Check your firewall settings.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic"

    Up to this stage, I have not tried disabling Simple Sharing as recommended,
    even though all accounts were the default non-password protected admins.
    But, with firewalls disabled, the same disabled guest logon dialogue box
    appears.

    Yba

    yba02 wrote:

    > Up to this stage, I have not tried disabling Simple Sharing as
    > recommended, even though all accounts were the default non-password
    > protected admins. But, with firewalls disabled, the same disabled
    > guest logon dialogue box appears.
    >
    > Yba

    You were supposed to disable Simple Sharing as the first thing. You need
    to do this.

    Better still, go through this troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna.
    Take the time to do it carefully and it will pinpoint the problem
    area(s):

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    Malke
    --