Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
They're all magnetic. There are magneto-optical drives like DVD-RAM that use a combination of technologies. And there's fiber channel, which is the early version of Serial SCSI, using optic cables. But that still leaves hard drives as magnetic.

Most low end SCSI drives use the same mechanics as high end IDE drives, the interface card being the only difference. In fact, I've swapped interface cards between SCSI and IDE drives.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Remember the old super slim drives from Seagate in the mid to late 90's that had such a high failure rate? One of those.

I think I did a Quantum 6.4 gig drive too, but I can't remember with certainty.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
SCSI drives are like scuzzy girls . . . FAST, but not CHEAP ! ! !

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>