Sign in with
Your question

Can't listen to music online

Last response: in Home Audio
July 30, 2009 2:27:13 AM

When I play music videos on youtube, the sound keeps skipping/stopping. Any ideas? Maybe I downloaded the wrong driver? I'm going to get a new computer if I can't fix this.

More about : listen music online

July 30, 2009 6:33:04 AM

Is your sound flaky when playing any other kinds of audio? MP3's or audio CD's for example.
m
l
July 30, 2009 11:14:04 AM

If you have a sound card, it could be that. You need to find out if you have any hardware interrupts if you have a sound card. Any problems with video? Movie playback? DVD?
m
l
Related resources
August 2, 2009 5:11:42 PM

Hi thanks for responding everyone. I'm not having any problems with other kinds of audio, just when I go on youtube to play a video.

How do I check for hardware interrupts?
m
l
August 2, 2009 5:17:52 PM

What's your network connection speed? If your connection isn't fast enough, it'll constantly be buffering causing it to be choppy.
m
l
August 2, 2009 5:58:55 PM

It's a DSL connection, I have an Action Tech/Gateway router. I dont have any problems playing music on myspace. Thanks!
m
l
August 9, 2009 3:34:36 AM

Wow that only took two seconds to download and it worked. Sometimes it wouldn't play at all or would be frozen for 10 mins. I also tested the internet speed and found out that Verizon isn't giving me what they're charging me for. I pay close to $100 for phone and internet and I have the slowest speed.

Anyway, THANKS GUYS!!!

m
l
August 27, 2010 5:25:47 AM

Hi Guys,
AT first when I turn on my computer I can listen to youtube and myspace music and all of that, but after using my computer for like an hour or something like that, I just can't listen to online music players.
m
l
!