USB 2.0

Hi,

I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, th
system shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a
Hi-speed USB 2.0 port".

My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can
do to get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks!

Rick
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    How to turn off the "Hi-speed USB device plugged into non-hi-speed USB hub"
    warning message
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835967

    Suggestions:

    The DUB-C2 is a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 2-port CardBus adapter that
    upgrades notebook computers to the new and faster USB standard.
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=1&pid=151

    and

    http://www.usb-2-0.com/dub-c2.html

    Adaptec Duo Connect USB 2.0 + FireWire CardBus
    http://www.usb-2-0.com/2045100.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Rick" wrote:

    | Hi,
    |
    | I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, th
    | system shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a
    | Hi-speed USB 2.0 port".
    |
    | My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can
    | do to get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks!
    |
    | Rick

    Buy a USB 2 pcmcia adapter card, sold at most retail computer store or
    online computer store.
    <gouqizi.lvcha@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, th
    > system shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a
    > Hi-speed USB 2.0 port".
    >
    > My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can
    > do to get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks!
    >
    > Rick

Laptops USB Microsoft Windows XP