USB 2.0

Hi,

I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, th
system shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a
Hi-speed USB 2.0 port".

My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can
do to get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks!

Rick

How to turn off the "Hi-speed USB device plugged into non-hi-speed USB hub"
warning message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835967

Suggestions:

The DUB-C2 is a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 2-port CardBus adapter that
upgrades notebook computers to the new and faster USB standard.
http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=1&pid=151

and

http://www.usb-2-0.com/dub-c2.html

Adaptec Duo Connect USB 2.0 + FireWire CardBus
http://www.usb-2-0.com/2045100.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Rick" wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I have my laptop running Windows XP SP2. When I plug my USB disk, th
| system shows "This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a
| Hi-speed USB 2.0 port".
|
| My laptop have three VIA Rev5 USB universal host controller. What I can
| do to get a USB 2.0 port? Thanks!
|
| Rick

Buy a USB 2 pcmcia adapter card, sold at most retail computer store or
online computer store.