HELP - I need a laptop for my daughter

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 6, 2009 8:03:32 AM

1 Budget around £400

2 Approx 15inch screen

3_What screen resolution do you want? Not Sure

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? PORTABLE

5_How much battery life do you need? 3 OR 4 HOURS
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? NOT ESSENTIALLY FOR GAMING. ALTHOUGH IF IT COULD THEN THAT WOULD BE A BONUS

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) PHOTO EDITING / USE FOR SCHOOL SO POWERPOINT, OFFICE ETC

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? NOT SURE

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. DELL/DABS

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 YEARS

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM/WRITER

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. N/A

13_What country do you live in? UK

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. MY DAUGHTER IS 9 AND THIS WOULD BE HER FIRST LAPTOP. AT THE MOMENT SHE IS USING MY WIFE'S WORK ONE WHICH IS NOT IDEAL! i'D LIKE SOMETHING THAT SHE CAN USE FOR SCHOOL / FUN AND WILL LAST HER A FEW YEARS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

More about : laptop daughter

a b D Laptop
October 6, 2009 6:45:46 PM

I cannot recommend anything specific, as the price will vary depending on the vendor. However, for college use, etc...it may be best to check out Dell's XPS Series. You will at least have a few options when it comes to customizing and you can also purchase an extended warranty to ensure that it does lat 3-4 years. My experience with Dell laptops are that they are reliable and generally will not break down. HP does offer some customization options as well, but compared to Dell, you cannot change much.

Dell does ship to the UK, but it will be a hefty shipping tag.
a b D Laptop
October 6, 2009 8:25:19 PM

For her purposes, almost anything will do just fine, aside from a netbook.

And don't type in all caps. You're not screaming, I hope.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 18, 2009 11:41:16 PM

I have a better suggestion at a price range 600-700$ if you're interested and remember cheap laptops are not always durable that's my opinion thanks
a c 244 D Laptop
October 19, 2009 8:30:05 AM

Please don't post your E-mail in public,send a PM and tell the OP
!