Memory for MSI K8N neo4 ultra

armax1980

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2005
I need some recommendation of mid-range memory for my AMD64 3500+Venice, MSI K8N Neo4 platinum(ultra not SLI). Corsair XMS, Mushkin High Performance, or OCZ? Not going to be overclocking the system.

BomberBill

Splendid
Jan 20, 2005
I'm certainly no expert but I understand that Corsair is rock solid in the performance ratings and its pricing is fair for the end product you receive. Corsair is definitely what I am throwing into my new system.

Mushkin might be a similar story but one of the top-tech guys here might be able to give you further info on it.

<b><font color=green> "I dont get heart attacks MothFu#@er, I give em'" Jim Brown. </b> </font color=green>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
PDP Patriot RAM is getting a lot of attention for their reasonable prices on high end TCCD chip RAM.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Brandon73

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004
I'm in the same situation (same mobo). I went ahead and purchased the OCZ so we'll see how that works out. I am still thinking of adding the Corsair XMS though. And as someone else mentioned great things are being said about the Patriot, so it's worth a look.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I really don't care if someone wants to drop an extra 20% over PDP prices to get the same RAM from Corsair, as long as they're satisfied with what they get.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
I bought Kingston Value Ram at Frys Electronics but the nice guy behind the counter gave me Kingston HyperX instead for the same price!

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>