Multiple burners, seeking advice

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Hi - I've got an NEC Burner that I'm pretty happy with - it's slow burning CDs, but it is a really good DVD writer. Now, I'm thinking about buying and installing a second DVD writer in the same computer, so that when I copy a disc, I can copy it twice at once. So, two questions:
1) How good is Nero's 'use multiple burners' option? If I have two burners hooked up, will it automatically burn with both of them when I'm copying a disc?
2) Do I need to buy the same make and model? Like I said, I'm pretty happy with the NEC, but as I still burn a lot of CDs, I'd like to get a burner that has a higher CD burn speed, but is still great with DVDs. Unlike with my first burner, money isn't an issue this time, so I plan on getting the best, and I want to know if two different brands/models will work with the 'multiple burners' option. Thanks!

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.

RichPLS

Champion
Plextor 716 best made...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Well I ended up answering my own question, and I'm posting here in case anybody wants to know.
I'm doing the 'multiple burners' option in Nero, and it works great. I have an NEC 3520A, and Plextor 712SA. I burn with them both at the same time, and I haven't made a coaster yet.

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.