0x0000007B error during installation of XP Home Edition on..

STOP:0x0000007B (0xF7C7A524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Yes, I did "F6" to install the Intel RAID driver using a floppy disk created
from the motherboard support CD. The STOP message/blue screen appeared after
XP loaded all the drivers. It is a clean installation on 2 new HDDs, so I
assume the error is not caused by viruses. Yes, I did upgraded my BIOS to the
latest version beforehand. The SATA data cables are new that came with the
motherboard. Yes, I have also read and printed out MS KB324103, but I am
still not sure what the problem(s) is/are.

1. Does XP Home Edition support RAID1 configuration? I read from Western
Digital knowledge base answer ID 282 that "Windows XP Home Edition does not
support dynamic disks." Is it true? Does it mean that I will have to buy XP
Professional for RAID1 (mirrored)?

2. Should I take out the video card and modem card before installing XP?

3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

lkh1999
3 answers Last reply
More about 0x0000007b error installation home edition

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:00:01 -0700, "lkh1999"
    <lkh1999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >STOP:0x0000007B (0xF7C7A524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
    >
    >Yes, I did "F6" to install the Intel RAID driver using a floppy disk created

    Well, did you configure the drives in the BIOS?

    I take it you got a new PCI card, and if so you need to run its
    configuration routine. One thing it does is a low-level format. You
    press CTL-R (I think...you should see a message) at bootup.

    If that's not it, maybe your floppy is no good. Try a different one.
    --
    Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

    Thank you for your response!

    It was due to my CD drive being connected to an IDE channel that was
    disabled after activing SATA channel to RAID. I plugged my CD drive into
    another IDE channel and XP proceeded without error.

    lkh1999

    "Paul Knudsen" wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:00:01 -0700, "lkh1999"
    > <lkh1999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >STOP:0x0000007B (0xF7C7A524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
    > >
    > >Yes, I did "F6" to install the Intel RAID driver using a floppy disk created
    >
    > Well, did you configure the drives in the BIOS?
    >
    > I take it you got a new PCI card, and if so you need to run its
    > configuration routine. One thing it does is a low-level format. You
    > press CTL-R (I think...you should see a message) at bootup.
    >
    > If that's not it, maybe your floppy is no good. Try a different one.
    > --
    > Top 10 Conservative Idiots:
    > http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/

  3. Most of the time the culprit for this type of cases is RAM see my personal experince

    http://www.ceveni.com/2008/03/error-during-installation-of-windows-xp.html

Motherboards Windows XP