dual boot with dual hard drives

July 23, 2005 9:53:03 PM

I have Win XP home installed as OEM software on the C drive of my PC.
I also have this OS as a Norton Ghost file supplied with the PC as a
"Recovery CD".
I have installed a second hard drive designated "D"
This all works fine.
I wish to install Win 2000 (which I have on a Microsoft cd) on the second HD.
I would then hope at boot - up to be given the choice of which OS to load.
Can anyone tell me what is the simplest way to do this.
--
donwb
Anonymous

Typically the way you would do this is to install XP last so you have XP
handling the boot process. So you would want to install Win2K first on the
D drive and then install XP on the C drive. After this process you will get
a menu at startup which will ask you what OS to start.

--
http://www.americantechie.com

"donbowyer" <donbowyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Win XP home installed as OEM software on the C drive of my PC.
> I also have this OS as a Norton Ghost file supplied with the PC as a
> "Recovery CD".
> I have installed a second hard drive designated "D"
> This all works fine.
> I wish to install Win 2000 (which I have on a Microsoft cd) on the second
> HD.
> I would then hope at boot - up to be given the choice of which OS to load.
> Can anyone tell me what is the simplest way to do this.
> --
> donwb
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 12:52:58 AM

How do I install Windows 2000 after I've installed Windows XP?
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_2k.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"donbowyer" wrote:

| I have Win XP home installed as OEM software on the C drive of my PC.
| I also have this OS as a Norton Ghost file supplied with the PC as a
| "Recovery CD".
| I have installed a second hard drive designated "D"
| This all works fine.
| I wish to install Win 2000 (which I have on a Microsoft cd) on the second HD.
| I would then hope at boot - up to be given the choice of which OS to load.
| Can anyone tell me what is the simplest way to do this.
| --
| donwb
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:36:57 AM

The link makes no mention of altering the boot.ini.
Does Win 2000 alter the boot.ini when it is installed?
--
Ron Sommer

!