Louder in left ear then right?

Okay my old pair of headphones finally broke so I bought a new pair today and ive tested it many times and its louder in the left ear then right and for the love of me I can not seem to figure out why, I know its has nothing to do with the headphones seeing as i have tried it with 2 different pairs of the same ones. Any help is appreciated and sorry if this is in a wrong section.
Reply to Phantomking8
25 answers Last reply
More about louder left right
  1. Theres a setting in the Windows Control Panel where you can adjust how loud each speaker/headphone is in relation to the other one.
    Reply to gamerk316
  2. Okay now ive tried it with 3 different speakers and 4 different headphones, same problem. You think this could be a problem with the sound card? maybe a bad speaker jack in the back of the computer? any help is appreciated
    Reply to Phantomking8
  3. Test to make sure your sound control panel is ok first
    Reply to JAYDEEJOHN
  4. Again, check the balance settings from the control panel, and make sure the volume is balanced between the two speakers. Adjust it so the volume is balanced properly.
    Reply to gamerk316
  5. I have the same problem, my balance is correct too! help is needed.
    Reply to whitefang
  6. Same here.
    Reply to darkfirebg
  7. Any ever figure this out.. seems to be happening with a lot of audio stuff these days. Always louder in the left in the low end/
    Reply to Dean Earls
  8. I've had G430 Logitech headphones for about 2 years now and I recently have a problem with the left earphone being louder, I can fix it temporarly by having a big sound playing in the head set or shouting in the mic it gets pretty annoying when I am trying to relax and listen to music
    Reply to MathieuLoco
  9. It might be the inside of the earbuds. Sometimes an earbud's meshing can be indented. Which means the meshing on the earbud is push inwards, touching the cone, which is bouncing back a majority of the sound produced; resulting in a lower sound. Use something with a very small point,(ie. Swiss Army Knife, Fine Tweezers) to try and pull the meshing out. You can tell if it's indented by using a bright light to examine the meshing. Hope this helps. :)
    Reply to PacOManiac
  10. Well i have earbuds and they we're dirty from inside. So i celaned them up a little and the problem was fixed. Hope this helped someone
    Reply to Elmadus
  11. PacOManiac said:
    It might be the inside of the earbuds. Sometimes an earbud's meshing can be indented. Which means the meshing on the earbud is push inwards, touching the cone, which is bouncing back a majority of the sound produced; resulting in a lower sound. Use something with a very small point,(ie. Swiss Army Knife, Fine Tweezers) to try and pull the meshing out. You can tell if it's indented by using a bright light to examine the meshing. Hope this helps. :)

I'd just like to say thanks because this was the exact cause of my problem!

After a good clean a few months ago on my 3 year old skullcandy earbuds the left earbud was approximately 2.5x quieter than the right, I put it down to wear and tear - after all I usually go through earphones at least once a year. When I took them apart tonight I managed to run a sharp knife around the circumference of the mesh and removed a fair amount of wax (ew) and (presumably) some glue as well. I then plucked the centre very gently and I could instantly hear the music pick up again!

Thanks for saving me a fortune anyway! :)
    Reply to 01Chris02
  12. Phantomking8 said:
    Okay my old pair of headphones finally broke so I bought a new pair today and ive tested it many times and its louder in the left ear then right and for the love of me I can not seem to figure out why, I know its has nothing to do with the headphones seeing as i have tried it with 2 different pairs of the same ones. Any help is appreciated and sorry if this is in a wrong section.

Having a problem with my ears in which they produce WAY too much wax, this is a common occurrence for me. I've found its usually down to an excess build up of earwax on the actual mesh of the earphone, get a cotton wool bud if (or "q tip" as you might know it) and run it around the mesh. Do this if you don't feel like taking the phones apart!
    Reply to Dreamcaster287
  13. i had the same issue with my beyerdynamics dt770

if you believe its your headphones and not your audio systems (I tried my sound card, Iphone and Gameboy same issue with all three, my left ear was louder than my right)

I Took apart the headphone and re-soldered the two wires that connect to the speaker on the right side and my headphones began working fine

hope this helps
    Reply to BryDesu
  14. My Beats Studio 2.0 wired headphones had a "muted" sounding left speaker and the right was loud and clear. After taking the left side apart all the wires look good. However there is a little round connected magnet that I pushed into the whole a little more and that did the trick! Fixed and simple.
    Reply to Hey Now
  15. gamerk316 said:
    Theres a setting in the Windows Control Panel where you can adjust how loud each speaker/headphone is in relation to the other one.

A little late, but thank you. For some odd reason this happened to my headphones. People said look in the corsair program, but on windows it was set to 50 for left and 26 for right. I was about to return them, one year warranty. Thank yoouuuuu. :D
    How to Host a Party on Spotify
    Spotify has some cool features for its users. One of them is that you can host a party. But to do that you have to link your Facebook account with Spotify. It gives you the opportunity to listen music with your friends in real time. Here’s how to... Read More
    Reply to MrBlitz
  16. My computer does the same thing. I noticed where you plug in your earphone, part of it pops out. It doesn't go in completely. I am not sure what type of earphone can fit in my pc. This might be the problem that you guys are having too :). Hope this might help
    Reply to cool123456789chris
  17. I FOUND MY SOLUTION :) The earphone was a little poped out. You just have to push it in harder, you will hear a small click when It goes in. Hope this can help you :)
    Reply to cool123456789chris
  18. I had the same problem with the dr dre ear buds,, i think dr dre has a problem making these and people dont relize the real reason ,, not say you have the dr dre buds but what you do you take the ear plug off and when u looks at the tip of the bud your going to see a mesh film ,, theres a good chance that little mesh might be sticky or gluey blocking the noise so you take a toothpick and carefully take it out and you place the sticky film in a glass of water with alittle dishwashing soap let it sit then u try to clean the excess glue with ur toothpick on the tip of the ear bud and you take the film out of the water dry it and clean it and place the little circle mesh film back in the ear bud and then put the ear plug back on and you should get the full sound back ,,, they put to much glue holding that little mesh film in and over time it coats it and blocks the sound ,, prob brcause of the vibrations of the music,,, hope ur listening dr dre if u are i saved you hundreds of thousands ,, big poppa p
    Reply to alldayubum
  19. Go to the sound icon on the bottom right of your screen. Right click "playback device" double click on the device that you are using. It should say balance and just make the levels 50/50. Hope this helped!
    Reply to Szansa
  20. PacOManiac said:
    It might be the inside of the earbuds. Sometimes an earbud's meshing can be indented. Which means the meshing on the earbud is push inwards, touching the cone, which is bouncing back a majority of the sound produced; resulting in a lower sound. Use something with a very small point,(ie. Swiss Army Knife, Fine Tweezers) to try and pull the meshing out. You can tell if it's indented by using a bright light to examine the meshing. Hope this helps. :)

Mate, you're a life saver! THANK YOU! <3
    Reply to Marius_18
  21. PacOManiac said:

Hey thanks! I was having problem with my Sony earphone (just bought about a month). Turns out smth wrong inside my right earbud, I just took a pin and try poking slowly. And the sound is all good! Thanks!
    Reply to Cekodoks
  22. I have the Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless (been using them for about three months now) and all of a sudden the right ear cup sounded significantly lower than the left one. I tried them on different audio sources and still the right one was lower. I took the headphones apart (both right and left) and everything was in its place, no loose soldering or wire. I even opened the headband and ear cup connection part to check for chewed up cable but again all was good as the headphones were relatively new. I was really desperate at this point but read hear that it might be a response problem with the speakers so I gently inhaled by pressing my lips on the right speaker (foam cushions were off)... and VOILA!!! They WORKED!!! The sound was balanced again and both cans' bass response was great.
    Reply to bosshesh2
  23. Cekodoks said:
    PacOManiac said:

Hey thanks! I was having problem with my Sony earphone (just bought about a month). Turns out smth wrong inside my right earbud, I just took a pin and try poking slowly. And the sound is all good! Thanks!

I have the Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless (been using them for about three months now) and all of a sudden the right ear cup sounded significantly lower than the left one. I tried them on different audio sources and still the right one was lower. I took the headphones apart (both right and left) and everything was in its place, no loose soldering or wire. I even opened the headband and ear cup connection part to check for chewed up cable but again all was good as the headphones were relatively new. I was really desperate at this point but read hear that it might be a response problem with the speakers so I gently inhaled by pressing my lips on the right speaker (foam cushions were off)... and VOILA!!! They WORKED!!! The sound was balanced again and both cans' bass response was great.
    Reply to bosshesh2
  24. PacOManiac said:

Wow, I'm just going to have to chime in here with support and gratitude. I had a set of Beats Studio 2 that I've been living with very low audio on the left side for months. For every device, I had to rely on extreme audio balancing, and that only partially helped. With this, I'm back to normal. Thank you so much!
    Reply to monostereo
  25. I had the same problem..the right side was much louder the left even when i used the wire connector. Solution! I took out the cushion completely..and could see a on the left speaker a transparent round speaker which was slighlt more elevated then the right side speaker...i used a soft tip of the wire connector to push the transparent speaker along the side down a bit and i head a slight click and it stayed down. Now both the sides looked similar and now the sound is even.be carefuly while pushing the speaker down as u might puncher it.... seems while constant use these vibrating speakers come loose and cause one side to loose sound.
    Reply to Alok_49
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Headphones Audio