need help with dancing cursor

Every few minutes I lose control of my cursor and it "dances" or floats
around. It only goes on for a few seconds, but it 's a real pain in the a**.
Can anyone tell me how to stop this? Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about need dancing cursor

    Reinstall your video adapter drivers. If that does solve the
    issue, your video adapter may be defective and should be replaced.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Sarah" wrote:

    | Every few minutes I lose control of my cursor and it "dances" or floats
    | around. It only goes on for a few seconds, but it 's a real pain in the a**.
    | Can anyone tell me how to stop this? Thanks.

    If you use optical mouse, try different (preferably dark mono color) mouse
    pad.

    Sarah XX wrote:

    > Every few minutes I lose control of my cursor and it "dances" or floats
    > around. It only goes on for a few seconds, but it 's a real pain in the a**.
    > Can anyone tell me how to stop this? Thanks.

    Possible causes:

    Optical mouse on reflective or multi-colored surface.
    Wireless mouse battery low - replace battery.
    Speech recognition software active and picking up room sounds - turn off
    speech recognition and/or mute your microphone in sound mixer.
    Corrupted mouse driver - re-install mouse driver.
    Defective mouse - use a different mouse.

    Steve

    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

    > Reinstall your video adapter drivers. If that does solve the
    > issue, your video adapter may be defective and should be replaced.

    I suppose it's possible Carey, but I haven't seen a video adaptor or
    video driver cause mouse problems since real-mode mouse drivers
    (DOS/Win3x/Win95).

    Steve

Cursor Microsoft Windows XP