Installing xp pro - SATA HD not detected

from setup I press enter and I get a message saying there are no hds found.
Yet I have a Seagate 200gig that is detected by the BIOS and has been
diskwizard formated.

Any tips

"Jon Taffe" <JonTaffe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> from setup I press enter and I get a message saying there are no hds
> found.
> Yet I have a Seagate 200gig that is detected by the BIOS and has been
> diskwizard formated.
>
> Any tips

Check you BIOS and make sure the SATA drives precede any IDE drives in the
boot sequence. In fact, just disable any IDE drives altogether. I remember
having to mess around to get Windows XP to detect my SATA drives, but I
can't remember exactly what I did.

Carl

Thanks Vagabond

I'll try that - though I'm booting from the xp cd rom witch is on IDE 1 so
I'll keep that open.
I'll let u know how it goes. ta

"Jon Taffe" wrote:

> from setup I press enter and I get a message saying there are no hds found.
> Yet I have a Seagate 200gig that is detected by the BIOS and has been
> diskwizard formated.
>
> Any tips

mak

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001

It may be that Windows can't identify your mass storage controller.
Download drivers for your SATA controller, use F6 during setup to add
additional drivers.
You will have to place drivers on floppy disc.

"Jon Taffe" <JonTaffe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> from setup I press enter and I get a message saying there are no hds
> found.
> Yet I have a Seagate 200gig that is detected by the BIOS and has been
> diskwizard formated.
>
> Any tips

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey Jon, I have exactly the same problem tell us if you find a solution. Thanks

"Jon Taffe" wrote:

> from setup I press enter and I get a message saying there are no hds found.
> Yet I have a Seagate 200gig that is detected by the BIOS and has been
> diskwizard formated.
>
> Any tips

TRENDING THREADS