USB Headset

Halberd388

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
I wish I knew more, but I know little when it comes to audio components.

I need to find a foldable USB headset with non-leatherette earpads with the strap holding over top of the head. I wear glasses and I have sensative ears, so it is VERY difficult to find a headset that rests on the rim of the ear (or like glasses) that find comfertably. I have a pair of headphones that have this design by panasonic (RP-HS41), while they are far from high-end that are THE most comfertable pair of headphones I've ever owned, but panasonic doesn't make USB headsets.

The closest I've found are the Plantronics DSP-400; while they rest against the cup of the ear, I've been told they are very comfertable for long periods of use (such as on airplane travel or tuning out a boring meeting that you have nothing to do with)

What do you folks think?

Your Friendly Government Dell Tech,
J
Dell Rep ID - 172946

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Plantronics are like the head Set masters... Especially for Gaming. Alot of people like them... I wear glasses/contacts... mostly contacts.. but when i wear my glasses my head phones aren't un-comfortable...there alittle bigger... nothing huge... but there not them little things... these things handle some power.. but there not USB... they plug into my Klipsh Speakers.... mine are made by SONY. model - MDR-V300.. very comfotable for me.. but they do have leather and also do not have USB.. basically everything against what your looking for. but why are you so set on a USB headset... and anyway i'd check these out.. you can get them at any Bestbuy... i'd go there and check them out. try on a few pairs.

hope that helps.

"STOP BEING LAZY AND GOOGLE IT!"

Halberd388

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
I need USB because the SigmaTel AC'97 audio chipset on Intel motherboards (I have a laptop) outright suck for deep bass, and I hate the drowned out sound it produces in games and Jazz music. I want to try a USB headset with an audio controller of it's own to see if it produces better sound quality. I can't use an external sound card because decent ones (Like SoundBlaster and TurtleBeach) require external power supplies... it's a laptop, I don't need MORE cables coming out of it.

Your Friendly Government Dell Tech,
J
Dell Rep ID - 172946

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
ok well if your not worried about money, then i'd search newegg and look at the Plantronics Wireless bluetooth head sets or the motorolla wireless headsets the reviews are excellent

"STOP BEING LAZY AND GOOGLE IT!"

Halberd388

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
Hmm... yeah... bought the Bluetooth Pulsar 590A from Plantronics, wonderful headphones and works great on my cellphone, but it's not practical by any means, I don't recommend them.

TRENDING THREADS