lukesavage

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I am looking at buying a new computer.

I have been looking at the Dell inspiron 580 intel core i5 processor 750 8GB Ram for £749 and the imac 3.06Ghz intel core 2 duo with 4GB for £969.

The dell is cheaper and looks like it should perform better, but all the sites i go on that compare like for like computers say mac are better. But i am more interested in comparing price. For this money it looks like a good dell and a basic imac

Can anyone help

Luke

G

Comes down to the operating system more than anything. While Macs are nicely constructed and the OS is pretty and pretty reliable, I find I'm just too much of a PC guy to deal with Mac.

Somehow, things like networking tools just don't seem to be there. There's no defrag, you don't have the sort of in-depth detail about hardware I'm used to.

I think I would spend some time trying the machines rather than worrying about specs.

lukesavage

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

Hi

The main purpose of the computer is just for home stuff. It has all the holiday photos on, a few videos. I brouse the net a lot, I also use word and excel a lot

lukesavage

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

Hi

The main purpose of the computer is just for home stuff. It has all the holiday photos on, a few videos. I brouse the net a lot. I also use word and excel a lot.

I cant remember the brand of my current computer (i'm at work), all i know it is very slow. I brought it from PC world a few yours ago. It was one of there cheapest ones. Not a good decision

Luke

lukesavage

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS