Sign in with
Your question

Sharp Viewcam vl-ah50u - How can I connect it to a PC?

Last response: in Digital Camera
October 2, 2010 6:27:51 PM

Hi guys. I'm hoping someone in here can help me on this. I have an old Sharp Viewcam VL-AH50U, that uses to those Hi8 mini cassettes to record video. The video is all analog, and the Viewcam is old to the point that it doesn't connect to a PC directly. It has those old yellow and white connection cables that hook up to a TV, or a VCR. What I'm trying to do, is find out how/if I can connect this camera to a Windows based PC, so that I can both save all my old video's on my PC, but convert them to digital so I can burn them onto playable DVD's. Can anyone in here help me?

Some people mention using a Sony Digital8 camcorder as a bridge to a PC. That I could connect my Sharp Viewcam to a Digital8 camera, and it would automatically convert the footage to digital, as it loaded it onto my PC. That's great, but I don't know anyone that has a Sony digital8 camera. Some other research has mentioned the use of a Video Capture Card or Device. That would be ideal, but I wouldn't know which card or device would work best in my situation. In looking at the different ones, I've become a little lost. All help is appreciated.

Sharp Viewcam VL-AH50U

Cable used to connect to a TV or VCR.
October 2, 2010 6:34:53 PM

Would something like this work? If so, my next question would be the quality. Is there a higher end device that would somehow upgrade the quality of the source video. It looks as if this product doesn't do that, but I'm not sure if any does.

AVerMedia DVD EZMaker USB Gold Video Capture MEZUSBGDR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
October 4, 2010 3:18:14 PM

No one has any pointers?
m
l
Related resources
!